WINTER IN THE ŚLĘŻA MASSIF

WINTER IN THE ŚLĘŻA MASSIF

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Bouldering, Hiking, Skiing, Wildlife, Flora, Scenery, Panorama

WINTER IS FULL OF SHARP SUNSHINE AND DEEP SHADOWS

A beech covered ...
Winter sycamore ...

In countries of the northern hemisphere having a temperate climate everybody knows what a word “winter” means. During this season all around is white and cold. Each snow-flake and piece of ice sparks in sunshine.
Summit of the Sleza Mt. is elevated more than 500m above the surrounding Silesian Lowland (SW Poland). Such a difference of elevation is enough to see in the massif a real winter when below there are only weak signs of this season. Trees in forests covering slopes, e.g. spruces, larches, pines and beeches, are ornamented with spectacular hoarfrost made by prevailing W and WN winds. To see this charm of winter we must start to hike before the sunrise. At that moment the forests are in the grey-violet colours but step-by-step all things are changed by an orange-yellow sharp light of sun. Such a scenery enriches less our scientific knowledge but more our spirituality.
Photographs of this album have been taken during my hiking through the massif in January 3 2009.
This picture story will be continued.....


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.