Best of the Bitterroots
Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Alpine Climbing, Bouldering, Aid Climbing, Hiking, Skiing, Wildlife, Flora, Topo/Diagram, Informational, Scenery, Panorama, Humor, Water

Best of the Bitterroot Mountains

BitterrootThe Bitterroot, after which our mountains were named.

While once again viewing the many photographs attached to the Bitterroot Mountain and associated pages (I do a lot of that during winters while planning the next season’s adventures), it struck me that there are some really fine pictures being taken by the climbers in our area. Unfortunately, many of you may never see the best representations of our beloved mountains because it requires searching through page after page after page after page after page after page... of mountains, routes, and trip reports to find them. So, I decided to put together this album containing some of my personal favorites.

I encourage you to add your favorite (best) pictures. All I ask is that the pictures have been taken of something, anything, in the Bitterroot Mountains. For this album we’ll define the Bitterroot Mountains the same way they’re defined on the Bitterroot Range page – those mountains along the Montana/Idaho border which are north of Lost Trail Pass, including the Couer d’Alene and Saint Joe Mountains.

Over time, I hope this album will become a fair representation of the very best the Bitterroots have to offer. That can only happen if YOU take the time to add your best pictures. Enjoy!



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
kyledod

kyledod - Dec 13, 2006 6:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Idea for a great area

I went ahead and added some pictures, let me know if this was too early.

Michael Hoyt

Michael Hoyt - Dec 13, 2006 7:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Idea for a great area

Thanks Kyle. I wasn't quite finished yet, but that's okay. Now that I am (at least for today), please, keep those good photos of yours coming.

Thanks for your vote!

/Mike

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.