Bovški gamsovec

Bovški gamsovec

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.39801°N / 13.81239°E
Additional Information Elevation: 7848 ft / 2392 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Bovški Gamsovec belongs to Julian Alps.

Bovški Gamsovec is a special mountain, not a mountain for hard climbs. It is the a good choice for mountaineers who enjoy in easy climbing. But by no means it is a mountain for non-experienced. Because of some tricky passages it is not be to be underestimated.

From the Bovški Gamsovec you have a good view on five other giants: Križ, Stenar, Razor and Pihavec.

Getting There

From Ljubljana you travel by highway towards NW, through Jesenice and further to Mojstrana. Through this valley also bus operates.

Bovški Gamsovec is most comonly climbed from Vrata valley, going from Mojstrana village to foothills of Triglav. You can start form Aljazev dom (hut), that is less than 2 hours of walk from Mojstrana. The trail leads over Luknja (1758 m), chamois paradise, to the Bovški Gamsovec. After approximately 15 minutes long walk from Aljažev dom the trail splits, left is Tolminškova trail - great route to the Triglav and the right path leads to the Lunkja. It is not so steep, you reach the top in 20 minutes.
After you leave Luknja you find yourself on a beautiful green plato, almost like a amphitheatre, a paradise for wild animals. From there the trail gets steeper and before you reach the summit, there are some tricky passages that are not to be underestimated.
When descending you reach the crossroad:

a)left trail leads to the Pogačnik hut on Kriški podi. If you have some spare time, it is worth taking this route because of three crystal clear lakes (Kriška jezera).
Another trail that has to be mentioned is the trail from Trenta valley and Zadnjica to the Kriški podi. It offers great view acroos this beatiful valley.

b)the trail straight ahead leads on the Križ (2410 m) and Stenar (2501m)

c)right trail leads in to the Vrata valley through the Dovška vrata

Vrata-Luknja 2 hours
Luknja-Bovški Gamsovec 1,5 hours
Dovška Vrata-Vrata 2 hours

Maps:

Julijske Alpe - Vzhodni del (Eastern part). Planinska zveza Slovenije. 1:50000.

Red Tape

Vrata region is the natural park (Triglav National Park - TNP)

When To Climb

The best months are in summer and autumn, it has to be a dry weather.


Mountain Conditions

Aljažev hut in Vrata (04 5891-030)

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Bor

Bor - Nov 30, 2004 4:38 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

You added the page of bovski Gamsovec in Julian Alps twice! :-)

Delete one..

Cheers!

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Razor and Prisojnik GroupMountains & Rocks