Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.78519°N / 111.89284°W
Additional Information County: Sevier
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring
Additional Information Elevation: 7638 ft / 2328 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the highest crest of rock topped by juniper north of the Sevier Plateau that overlooks the Sevier Valley east of Glenwood and Richfield. The extensive network of dirt roads makes the approach quite easy. The views are great with the Pahvant Mountains, Fish Lake Mountains, Wasatch Plateau, and Sevier Plateau clearly visible from the dirt road to the summit.

The Length of Cedar Mtn
The Length of Cedar Mtn

Getting There

From Richfield, drive east on Highway 119 then take a right on Highway 24, which travels toward Koosharem. Turn left 4.8 miles south of the previous junction (there are 2 turn-offs separate by a hill; take the southernmost turn). Drive on the dirt road east for 1.6 miles then turn left. Stay on this dirt road for 5.8 miles until you get to a ridgeline with an amazing view of the northern portion of the Sevier Valley, Squaw Ledge, Carter Peak, and the Wastach Plateau. There should be a pullout and a OHV track traveling west from here.

Route

From the junction directly east of the summit, a dirt road with large boulders travels straight west to the summit plateau. Mountain bike or foot travel recommended.

Round-trip Distance: 2.5 miles

Elevation Gain: 161 feet

Red Tape

No permits or fees required.

When to Climb

Year-round though snow will likely make the roads impassable in winter.

Camping

There is a primitive campsite near the summit and in the area in general.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.