Dinosaur's Foot (5.7 - 5.12a)

Dinosaur's Foot (5.7 - 5.12a)

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 40.31233°N / 105.5418°W
Activities Activities: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Sign the Climber's Log
Add Camping text here.
Add Red Tape text here.

Overview/Approach

The Dinosaur's Foot is located near the top of the climbing area across from the Fin. There are a number of good routes that range from 5.7s to the area's testpiece, Pocket Full of Cryptonite (5.12a). The lower part of the "foot" contains a pair of dihedrals that form the toes. You can lower off the routes or scramble off to the north.

Jurassic ParkJurassic Park from above

The Climbs

Routes are listed from left to right (generally) as you face the wall (with The Fin behind you). The first two routes are located on the south end of the formation across from the Big A$s Slab.


  • Chapstick (5.11b)


  • Chapped Lip (5.10a)


  • Index Toe (5.8)


  • Middle Toe (5.9-) Enjoyable climb up good rock - very similar climbing to Index Toe, just with a couple harder moves. The crux of the route is about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way up where the featured stone gives way to a smooth, steep face. There are a couple of ballancy moves with some reaches that lead through this section. Once past the obvious headwall (it’s fairly short), the face eases back and the climbing is much easier to the anchors.


  • Heel Toe (5.7)


  • Dino Dung (5.10a)


  • Little Toe Jam (5.11a)


  • Pocket Full of Cryptonite (5.12a)


  • Joint Venture (5.8)


  • Strategery (5.7)



External Links

Add External Links text here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.