Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.09112°N / 2.6052°W
Additional Information Elevation: 4078 ft / 1243 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Christian Rodriguez - Elgoin peakElgoin in the background

Over 1220 mts altitude is the second summit of the Anboto mountain or peaks from Duranguesado. Well-known as "Little Swiss". Located in the east of the Natural Park from Urkiola. northwest-southeast.

In the great mass of rock that conforms this mountain, with the Anboto in their southeast part and the Alluitz in the northwest, the Egoin runs off with, timidly, near the summit of the giant Amboto. Their formation is very sharp allowing to see a great " patio " in the north slope, on the valley of Arrazola, while for the south, with less pending rises with stately on the campas of Autzane.
ElgoinElgoin

The stone that composes the mass is a calcareous very compact arrecifal and of clear gray color, they contain remains of corals colonial massives.

To the east of the summit this Auntzen Altarie's breach that separates it of the small accident that the Saitzen Puntie supposes. This summit has remained anonymous for a lot of time. In 1867 it was named as X PEAK.

Getting There

Elgoin final stepsFinal steps to the summit


From Durango search Urkiola port (highest point on the road), I went there by bus. Check schedule to be sure, normally from Durango at 8:15am 9:15am 10:45am next I don't sure, I back to Durango from Urkiola in the 7:00 pm bus

Is more easy in car, in all basque country is the same, car car, car... horrible.

A) from Asuntze
From Urkiola or Atxarte you can find a spout from Pol-Pol, then to the a well marked cracked hillside named Kurutzeta, above this point turn to the left climbing to the summit follow all the crest, some parts with level (I).

B) from Larrano
Go to Arrazola with a lot of wellmarked trail without difficulty, next take the crest to the right follow Anboto. After a small hill is Kurutzeta then take route A

C) From Anboto
from the same summit of Anboto, follow all the crest climbing with some parts with level (I). Elgoin is located to the norteast of Anboto.

External Links

Mendiak.com in spanish
My own site

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Basque MountainsMountains & Rocks