Ferrata Via Julia

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.36030°N / 13.44360°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble and feratta, UIAA I-II
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up and secured climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The pass Sella Nevea and then over the skiing slope to the Rif. Gilberti or in Summer over the route number 635.

Route Description


From the Rif. Gilberti you start hiking on the route number 632 to the pass Sella Bela pec (2005m) and then you continue ascending over the route number 632 to the crossing. The route number 632 leads right to the bivouac Marussich but you turn left and continue to the glacier below the north face of Kanin. When you come on the glacier you might need ice axe and crampons. After crossing the glacier you start climbing in steep face with the help of iron ropes and wedges. Some easy places you have to climb without security.

Soon you come on the ridge and to the top of Visoki Kanin you have around 15 minutes walking on the east ridge of it.

You can descend by the sam route or you take a long circle over the whole east ridge of Kanin to the Prestreljnik (2498m) and then you descend over the pass Prevala back to Sella Nevea.

Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes, helmet and all equipment for ferratas. You may also need an ice axe and crampons for the glacier.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.