From the hut Dom na Zelenici

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.43420°N / 14.17910°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble and hiking
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Ljubelj pass, the border between Slovenia and Austria you will ascend below the north face and slopes of Begunjscica on the Dom na Zelenici (hut) (1536m). You can reach the hut over the skiing slopes or over the macadam road in the forest.

<---The map of the area of Stol


Route Description



Stol seen from the route from the hut Zelenica..

From Zelenica meadow first you walk over the ski slope and then you turn in to the forest and you follow the signposts for the Vrtaca. You walk in the forest below the ridge of Na Mozeh and you go by the crossing where goes the hunting route in the basin Suho rusevje. You come on at the foothills of the SE ridge of Vrtaca and now you cross the south slopes of Vrtaca (in Winter high risk for avalanches). From the left comes the marked route from the Sija saddle (1693m) and you descend a bit and soon you come in the basin V Koznah. Now we turn to the west and we start ascending steeper and steeper to the notch netween Mali and Veliki Stol. From the notch we have only couple of minutes to the top of Stol.

Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.