Stol / Hochstuhl From Klagenfurter Huette Over Belscica

Stol / Hochstuhl From Klagenfurter Huette Over Belscica

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.43420°N / 14.17910°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Rating the Route (by Hiking Standards)

0. General: From 960 m to 2236 m. Easy to medium hard path, good marked. Some more effort needed only on soft screes below the saddle between Mali and Veliki Stol. Exposition north and east. Gear: good shoes, poles. This route is much used for a descent to north and for less experienced mountaineers, who want to ascend Stol from the north.

1. Effort: 1300 m, 4 h.

2. Power: 1 - no difficulties, only walk-up.

3. Psyche: 1 - no difficulties (in winter, if icy, some slopes could be steep.

4. Orientation: 1 - no difficulties.

Approach

The ascent starts in Medvedji dol / Baerental. See the main page how to get there. From the end parking place you continue by the broad path to Celovska koča / Klagenfurter Huette, 1663 m. 2 h. The hut can be reached by a marked path also from Poden / Bodental. 2 h, a few secured passages over steep rocks.

Route Description

From the hut you clearly see the broad Belščica notch, 1840 m. You overcome less than 200 m of screes by a good marked path in less than 30 min. On the other side of the notch the path continues comfortably over grassy slopes, cuts a rocky terrain with a short (protected) passage and continues over the screes above V Kožnah basin. Then the path descends down in the basin, crosses it and starts ascending over the screes, falling down from the saddle between Mali Stol and Veliki Stol. Reaching the saddle, we have only a few more minutes to the summit - on the right side - or to Prešernova koča (hut) on the left side.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.