Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.79339°N / 19.31959°E
Additional Information Elevation: 6722 ft / 2049 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Lukanje Čelo & TaliLukanje Čelo right and Tali left behind
Lukanje Čelo & Tali
MORAČKE PLANINE (MORACA MOUNTAINS) range is placed in central part of Montenegro. From SINJAJEVINA range, Moračke Planine are separated by Morača Canyon where Morača river flows. This mountain range is structured from few beautiful and impressive mountains as are Kapa Moračka, Lola, Stožac, Tali, Lukanje Čelo, Štit and Žurim. Together with its closest neighbour Tali (2063 m), Lukanje Čelo (2049 m) represent the most eastern part of MORAČKE PLANINE range. When you drive on the Adriatic highway and come on the Mioska place, where you can see beginning of the Morača River Valley, the first scenery which attrack you attention is a two mountain - Tali and Lukanje Čelo. We can say that Lukanje Čelo and also its closest neighbour Tali are a part of Stožac massif, but the part of the ridge and massif from Vojnovac (2072 m) peak to Lukanje Čelo create one unique part of the massif, which separate Stožac from surrounding peaks of Kapa Moračka on the one side, and the canyons of Morača and Mrtica rivers from deep valley of Velje Duboko on the other side. Lukanje Čelo is placed in the most eastern part of Moračke Planine range, on the south from Tali (2063 m), on the NE side from Rovca area and Velje Duboko village, on the E-SE from Stožac (2141 m), on the SE side from Kapa Moračka (2226 m), on the NE side from MAGANIK range and Mrtica Caynon, on SW from Sinjajevina (Babji Zub, 2277 m) and on the W side from Prekobrđe (Prekobrdje) area in Donja Morača (Lower Moraca). Lukanje Čelo dominate above the Morača Valley with its E and NE sides.

Summit View

Tali from Lukanje ČeloTali from Lukanje Čelo summit
The summit of Lukanje Čelo offer enjoyment in few beautifully panoramas: N: Tali (2063 m) W-NW: Stožac (2141 m) NW: Kapa Moračka (2226 m) E-SE: Morača Valley SW: Maganik range, Mrtvica Canyon, Rovca and Velje Duboko village E: Prekobrđe (Prekobrdje) in Donja Morača (Lower Moraca) NE: Sinjajevina range (Babji Zub 2277 m)

Route Info

Lukanje Čelo
Morača Canyon - Osreci Village - Ropušnica Village - Kotlovi - Preliješ Pass - Lukanje Čelo summit Note: Adriatic highway - Ropušnica Village: 4h, Height difference: 1100 m The classical approach to Lukanje Čelo is from Morača Canyon via Osreci village, Ropušnica village and Kotlovi. From here you can reach the pass between Lukanje Čelo and Tali called Preliješ, which is connection to the shepherd's lodges called 'katun' and to the valley called Subotišta on the other side. From this pass you can go on the oposite side following the rocky path below the cliffs, to the central part of Tali massif, from where you should spend more about less then one hour to reach the summit of Lukanje Čelo, which offer beautiful and wide view to other side in direction of Maganik and Mrtvica Canyon.

Getting There

Kapa Moračka MapMap of Lukanje Čelo area
Lukanje Čelo & TaliLukanje Čelo and Tali from Prekobrđe
By plane: The closest airport is the one in Podgorica (70km away). If you are planning to come via Serbia, you can use the Belgrade (Beograd) Airport in Beograd (Belgrade) city, capital of Serbia and Montenegro. Information about flights and tickets on JAT Airways web page. By train: Beograd - Kolašin (Bar - Beograd) railway passes through Mojkovac and Kolasin. Then by car or taxi from Kolasin to Mioska - Osreci village - Ropušnica village - Lukanje Čelo/Tali Pass - Lukanje Čelo summit By Bus: From Beograd (Belgrade): Beograd (Belgrade) - Cacak - Uzice - Zlatibor - Nova Varos - Prijepolje - Bijelo Polje - Mojkovac - Kolasin Then by car or taxi from Kolasin to Mioska - Osreci village - Ropušnica village - Lukanje Čelo/Tali Pass - Lukanje Čelo summit From Podgorica: Podgorica - Kolasin Then by car or taxi from Kolasin to Mioska - Osreci village - Ropušnica village - Lukanje Čelo/Tali Pass - Lukanje Čelo summit For the bus tickets and informations about but lines see Belgrade Bus Station page. By car: From Beograd (Belgrade): Beograd (Belgrade) - Cacak - Uzice - Zlatibor - Nova Varos - Prijepolje - Bijelo Polje - Mojkovac - Kolasin - Mioska - Osreci village - Ropušnica village - Lukanje Čelo/Tali Pass - Lukanje Čelo summit From Podgorica: Podgorica - Kolasin - Mioska - Osreci village - Ropušnica village - Lukanje Čelo/Tali Pass - Lukanje Čelo summit - Mojkovac - Kolasin road goes from the E side of the Moraca Mountains - Mojkovac - Djurdjevica Tara road goes from the NE side of the Moraca Mountains - Djurdjevica Tara - Savnik road start from the NW side of the Moraca Mountains (lower quality of the road) - Savnik - Kolasin goes on the SW side of the Moraca Mountains You should drive along the central Montenegrin highway, which connects the seaside to the towns: Cetinje - Podgorica - Kolasin - Mojkovac - Bijelo Polje; and goes on to Serbia (Belgrade city). This road is passable during most part of the year. It is closed only in case of abundant snowing or great rockslides. The landscape along the highway is particularly picturesque in the segment of the Moraca River Canyon between Podgorica and Kolasin. This part of the canyon is called “Platije”. The highway is built along the edge of the narrow canyon. Thus, you can enjoy in observing the beautiful contrast between steep, dark cliffs and light, green river, while round, white peaks of Bjelasica glow in the distance. At moments, this beauty becomes scary! From Podgorica you can also take the village road for Kolasin. It goes across Lijeva Rijeka, Verusa and Matesevo. One part of it goes along the Tara River, which in this area is like a small, gentle and playful spring. The road is narrow, but in good condition. From the north, you will reach Kolašin if you take the highway that passes through Mojkovac. If you are coming from the east you should go across Andrijevica through Matesevo to arrive to Kolasin. You will be surprised by the difference in the landscape of the northern and the southern access to Kolasin. Unlike the south, the vegetation in the north is more lush, green and soft. If you travel by car you will not depend on local bus routes. Buses are quite regular along the main roads, but if going by bus you will not enjoy as much in beautiful rural landscapes. In particular, the recommendation is that you do not take a bus in winter snowy days. It is better to rely on the train then, because roads might be impassable.

Camping

In the area of Moračke Planine (Moraca Mountains) you can freely use your tent and create your base camp. Also, you can use empty shepherd's lodges for stay inside.

Meteo Info

Before you visiting Moračke Planine range, check the Meteo Info for Kolašin town.

Red Tape

No extra fees. Usual rules of behaviour for NP's do apply.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.