NewDayRisingExcellent

NewDayRising

excellent area page. ill be going there in 3 weeks, and this page is exactly what i was looking for.
Posted Mar 17, 2006 6:48 am

mountaingazelleRe: Excellent

mountaingazelle

Thank you, there is so much to do in Southeast Asia. I hope you have a good trip.
Posted Mar 17, 2006 6:31 pm

DeanExcellent work

I know nothing about Thailand but a page like this one really helps to bring me up to speed. Nice addition to SP.
Posted Mar 17, 2006 1:42 pm

Mblue01Good one !

Mblue01

Nice work !
Posted Mar 17, 2006 9:46 pm

mikael arnemannVery good !

mikael arnemann

Very good page, congratulations!
Posted Mar 17, 2006 10:43 pm

mrhLoaded

mrh

Its good to see an area page thats loaded with information rather than just a fancy peak list. You are obviously very knowledgeable about this area.
Posted Mar 19, 2006 9:52 am

alpenkalbgreat

alpenkalb

I always wanted to visit Thailand, but I just can't lie on the beach all day and do nothing. Your description gives me a new impetus to visit this wonderful country. I am going to organize my next vacation based on your pages.
Posted Mar 23, 2006 3:55 pm

mountaingazelleRe: great

mountaingazelle

Thank you, I made this page to show that there is more to Thailand than tourist resorts and beaches. So now you can go hiking instead of lay on the beach all day. It is a wonderful country with a lot of mountains, national parks, and historical sites.
Posted Mar 23, 2006 8:06 pm

CoraxGood one!

Corax

I have travelled a lot in the area and can really vouch for the quality of the page. Very substantial info!
Posted Mar 31, 2006 6:25 am

lcarreauWhen I went

lcarreau

to the Philippines (by plane) several years ago, I suddenly
realized what a treasure SE Asia and its people are. The
rice fields were so beautiful, as the morning sun shined on
them. The rivers were unspoiled, and the volcanoes magnificent!
But most of all, everybody I looked at had a smile on their
face. Not a 'painted on smile,' but a special smile from their
heart. I would encourage people to visit this land of smiles!
Posted Jun 10, 2008 1:40 pm

mountaingazelleRe: When I went

mountaingazelle

Thanks Larry! I agree with you. Southeast Asia is very beautiful and has many treasures. I won’t be able to see them all. What I have seen has made an impression on me. I have met a lot nice and friendly people there.
Posted Jun 12, 2008 5:15 am

mrchad9Great page

mrchad9

Just like your North-East Thailand page this is super work. Will be brining this with me on my next trip out... so much to do! This beats the kind of information I've seen in most guidebooks.
Posted Mar 19, 2010 1:41 pm

mountaingazelleRe: Great page

mountaingazelle

Thanks, I appreciate your comments! There is so much to do here. I wish that I had more time when I visited this area. Check back later and I should be finished with the page.
Posted Mar 19, 2010 2:26 pm

lcarreauMelinda ...

lcarreau

One of the biggest JOYS my wife had was meeting S.E. Asians,
(from her home-country of the Philippines), living in central Arizona.

One of our friends who runs a Thai restaurant and was born in
Thailand wants to go to Alaska ... of all places.

She's not a climber, but wants to visit the Thai Temple in
Anchorage. Guess she's never seen Alaska.

I was LUCKY to find so many Asians who have an obsession with
cooking (and sharing) so many different kinds of yummy foods.
Posted Apr 13, 2012 10:20 pm

mountaingazelleRe: Melinda ...

mountaingazelle

Thank you Larry! There is actually a Thai Temple in Utah so it wouldn't surprise me if similar places had one too. I also noticed that Asian people are happy to share their cooking and food with others. I guess they would like living in central Arizona because of the warm weather and not as much snow during winter.
Posted Apr 14, 2012 1:50 pm

lcarreauRe: Melinda ...

lcarreau

Yes ... and what you said makes perfect SENSE !

I'm beginning to wish (hope?) there exists MORE things in the world
that I could (personally) relate to & develop a better understanding thereof ... THANKS, Melinda

~ ... ~