Oquirrh Mountains

Oquirrh Mountains

View from the approach to Lone Peak with the Oquirrh Mountains in the background
mountaingazelle
on Jan 24, 2007 10:53 pm
Image ID: 264034

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
lcarreau

lcarreau - Oct 12, 2007 12:30 am - Voted 10/10

Great Mountain scenery...

Love that Salt Lake Valley haze! Is this called
Point of the Mountain? What month did you do Hackberry & Paria Box. Must have been when it was relatively without WATER. Would that be in the Winter? Winter is a great time to get out & feel that fresh air. Hope you get lots of snow!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Oct 12, 2007 1:51 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Mountain scenery...

Thanks, that Salt Lake Valley haze is something that I am use to seeing in winter. Not sure if that is good or bad. I did Hackberry and the Box of Paria in April. Spring and Fall are the best time to hike there but Winter is nice too. I hope we get lots of snow this year because last year was really dry.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Oct 12, 2007 3:01 pm - Voted 10/10

It's GOOD!!!

Adaptation! One more question - was there WATER running in Hackberry Ck. when you were there?
I'm PARANOID about flash flooding episodes. Had some water-related experiences on the southeast side of Mount Nebo. Was stranded THERE overnight, but the adventure was MEMORABLE. Thanks for the information !!! !!! CHEERS.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Oct 12, 2007 4:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: It's GOOD!!!

We took two days to hike through Hackberry Canyon. There was running water especially in the south end of the canyon. It was only ankle deep and easy to walk through. Just make sure that you go when the weather is good and there are no storms in the forecast. Then you shouldn't have any problems with flash flooding.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4