Breeze

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Breeze
Manufacturer Vasque
Page By Brett A
Page Type May 30, 2004 / May 30, 2004
Object ID 1083
Hits 3896
Vote
Moving at a quick pace? These fast-packers maintain stability while offering the reduced weight and increased breathability of cross-training shoes.

* Waterproof leather uppers with airmesh inserts keep boots light and highly breathable in warm temperatures
* Contoured, lightweight Phylon™ midsoles ensure comfortable cushioning
* Nylon plates offer protection and torsion control
* Vibram® rubber outsoles deliver durable traction

Average weight specification is per pair, based on size 9.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-7 of 7

Brett A - May 30, 2004 2:10 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
These are my new boots used to replace my well traveled Vasque Clarion Impact boots. Because the old ones served me so well, I decided to stick with Vasque. One advantage with the Breeze is the weight. According to the specs the Breeze isn't that much lighter than my old boots, but according to my legs they are a lot lighter. This is done by having Mesh panels in the boot, which also seems to increase airflow. You would think that the mesh would make the boots get wet easily, but while climbing Mt. Dana in the Spring snow, they stayed completely dry (until I fell through the snow into a creek).
I got one blister on my first hike with them, but now that they're broken in pretty well, they are very comfortable. These are good boots for day hikes and backpacking trips.

Alpinist - Feb 25, 2007 3:03 pm - Voted 5/5

Excellent lightweight hiking boot
The Vasque Breeze is an excellent lightweight hiking boot. They are are very comfortable and ideal for short 3-4 day trips, or any time you do not have to haul a monster load.

I bought them for a 7-day climb of Kilimanjaro, where we had porters carrying all of the heavy gear. I found them to be so comfortable before the trip that I didn't even bring a pair of gym shoes with me. I ended up wearing them 14 days straight (safari and climb), except for the mountaineering boots that I wore on summit day. I never regretted not having camp shoes. They are the most comfortable pair of hiking boots that I've ever owned. This is the first trip that I've taken in many years that I didn't have any foot problems. I didn't have any blisters or even hot spots the entire trip. Yet they provided me with great traction, good ankle support, and they kept my feet dry despite light rains and wet trails every day. I absolutely LOVE these boots.

Note that the Breeze runs narrow in size. I have a fairly wide foot and I bought the wide width, which turned out to be a perfect fit for me.

Kruck - Apr 17, 2007 6:07 pm - Voted 3/5

Sole flapper--not a good sign
I bought a pair of 2007 models and after no more than a half-dozen season-opening day-trip warm-ups, the outsole is attempting to split from the midsole on the heel. I was not doing anything wild with my feet, just hiking and scrambling on various grades of dirt and rock. These boots are some of the most comforitable I've ever worn, but if the outsole continues to sheer away from the midsole, they will be worthless--indeed a safety hazard--before the 2007 season hits full-stride.

TinMan61 - May 16, 2010 12:32 pm - Voted 5/5

Great Boot
I'm a novice, three years hiking now, and I've had excellent results with these boots for the past two years. I find them to be very comfortable and in combination with a pair of liners and socks, I've never had a blister. They have held up well with just routine upkeep.

catalyst81 - Nov 7, 2010 1:26 pm - Voted 5/5

Good boot
Great comfortable boots. I have since moved on to trail runners, but these served me well on many multi-day trips. Comfortable right out of the box, durable, and never any blisters.

jsfbay - Jul 6, 2011 12:31 am - Voted 5/5

Perfect light hiking boot
comfortable from the first step. went with them to the desolation wilderness, exposed them to snow, granite and water / slippy rocks. the grip is very good under nearly every condition. I like them lots and recommend them.

theREALCarpeDM - Mar 23, 2012 12:27 pm - Voted 3/5

Disappointed
I've been a big fan of Vasques for a while. They fit me perfectly! It seems like they used my foot for the mold. And I prefer to go with lighter weight hiking boots. The Breeze was my backpacking boot - stiffer than the light hikers I had before, but still with mesh in the upper for light weight and breathability. But early on these got a good sized rip in the suede part of the upper that pretty much compromises the integrity of the shoe. Yeah, I was on pretty rough terrain when it happened, but I've put earlier Vasque light hikers through worse for longer. I'll consider Vasques again, but I'll keep a pretty critical eye on them.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7