A great choice for backpacking, Merrell Outbound boots feature stout leather uppers with synthetic supports and Gore-Tex® waterproof protection for comfort, support and durability.
* Waterproof full-grain leather uppers and breathable polyester mesh panels deliver plenty of support and protection for long hauls with heavy loads
* Padded ankle collars and padded, gusseted tongues protect feet while keeping out trail debris, upping the comfort factor
* Reinforced silicone instep arms and heel counters wrap around heels and insteps for solid stability on the move
* Gore-Tex seam-sealed inner booties offer breathability while retaining complete waterproof protection
* Nylon mesh linings wick away excess moisture and dry quickly for comfort; AEGIS Microbe Shield® antimicrobial treatment helps keep odors at bay
* Removable Ortholite® anatomic footbeds add cushioning to polyurethane midsoles with Air Cushion® heel pockets
* Nylon plates offer torsional stability and protection underfoot, increasing surefootedness on varied terrain and reducing rock bruising
* Molded thermoplastic urethane toe and heel bumpers deliver abrasion and puncture protection
* Vibram® Outbound outsoles feature deep 5mm lugs for exceptional traction and durability on varied terrain
Upper Full-grain leather/polyester mesh
Lining Waterproof breathable membrane/nylon
Support Nylon plate
Crampon compatibility Strap-on
Average weight 3 lbs. 5 oz.
Average weight - metric 1.5 kilograms