Get results in a heartbeat with the Forerunner® 301. This training partner continuously monitors your heart rate, speed, distance, pace and calories burned so you can train smarter, more effectively. The Forerunner 301 combines the popular features of the Forerunner 201 with a proven heart rate monitor and Training Center™ software to create a highly integrated personal training system.
Whether you are a triathlete in training or just want to see tangible results, the Forerunner 301 sets the pace with innovative features:
-Compact, lightweight and waterproof with an easy-to-read display on an ergonomic wristband
- Embedded GPS sensor provides basic navigation capabilities to tell you how far, how fast, even how to get home.
- Digital coded heart rate monitor so you can see whether you are training too hard or not enough
- Training Center software, a powerful PC-based application that lets you analyze and create workouts
- Highly flexible — offers multiple sports profiles so you can use it for running, biking and other sports.
- Easy to use — no calibration required. Just turn it on and go.
Customize your Forerunner 301 to get the most out of your training. To help you achieve your personal best, the Forerunner 301 includes the following smart features:
- Auto Pause™ pauses and resumes training timer based on a specified speed so you never have to start or stop the timer
- Auto Lap™ records lap data when you reach a specified distance so you never have to punch the lap button
- AutoLearn™ feature learns user’s heart rate zones, adjusting them as fitness levels improve
- Virtual Partner™ lets you train against a specified time, distance or pace goals
- AutoScroll cycles through data pages during a workout
Included Training Center software lets you create custom workouts with templates from the experts at TrainingPeaks.com. The software also allows you to store and analyze data using interactive graphs that chart your speed, elevation, pace or heart rate data. Your course is overlaid on a map so you can pinpoint specific areas and see how elevation and other factors affect your performance. Garmin has also formed a partnership with MotionBased.com to provide Forerunner 301 users with unique internet-based performance analysis and mapping tools for GPS and heart-rate information.
Forerunner 301: How hard is your heart working?
Forerunner 301: Outside Magazine 2005 Gear Of The Year
- Continuously monitors heart rate, speed, distance, pace and calories burned.
- Easy to use, 2 piece system
- Heart rate monitor helps you train in your target zone to optimize performance.
- Included Training Center software lets you create, analyze and store workout data on PC.
- Use for multiple sports — one button push changes your heart rate profile from running to biking or another sport.
- Weight: 2.75 oz.
- Display:1.44” x 0.92” (W x H); 100 x 64 pixels on FSTN display with LCD backlighting.
- Physical size: 3.3” x 1.7” x 0.7” (W x H x D).
- Battery Life: Up to 14 hours (typical use); rechargeable lithium ion.
- Waterproof: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for up to 30 mins.)
- 5000 lap memory (up to 2 years worth of lap data) organized into days or weeks.
- Heart rate, pace, time distance, interval workout & advanced custom workout alerts.
- Mark specific locations, and then look-up and navigate to these points using an electronic map.
- USB interface allows for fast data transfer to the computer.
Heart rate monitor features:
- Physical size: 11.65 ” x 1.34” x 0.43” (W x H x D).
- Strap: 12.6 ” - 25.2".
- Weight: 1.55 oz
- Display: Shows heart rate (beats per minute) and zone (between 1 and 5).
- Digitally coded transmission
- AutoLearn™: Learns user’s heart rate zones, adjusting them as fitness levels improve.
- Alerts: Alarm sounds if you reach specified minimum or maximum heart rate.
Digital coded heart rate monitor
Training Center CD-ROM
PC/USB interface cable
Quick start guide