Raven Combi GTX

 

Raven Combi GTX
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Raven Combi GTX
Manufacturer Salewa
Page By WyomingSummits
Page Type Feb 16, 2013 / Feb 16, 2013
Object ID 8467
Hits 4320
Vote

Alpine Mountaineering boot

I have to say, I really like these boots.
 
For starters, they're super light at a little over 3lbs for a pair. The standard GoreTex liner for waterproofing. They aren't insulated, which doesn't bother me as my feet stay pretty warm, but if you're going to be in extreme cold/altitude, you'll need an insulated double boot. I love the heel cup on this boot. When you lock down the lacing system, it literally sucks your heel into the cup for great support. The boot is designed for 14ers with rock cliffs/scrambling. The Vibram Mulaz rubber is sticky and the toe of the boot was left bare for edging and limited smearing....a feature I like a lot. They are semi auto crampon compatible and my universal crampons fit very well. I love the built in gaiter around the ankle......very comfortable, yet not bulky and doesn't bite into my medium sized calves. The padding around the ankle area is the best I've felt....not too much, not too little....great stability but not so stiff as to cause rubbing issues. It really was very comfy right out of the box. My only beef is the lace length....you really have to cinch them down to have enough lace at the end.

Features

GoreTex Water proof and breathable
Semi Auto crampon compatible
Vibram Mulaz sole
3d lacing system
Built in gaiter.
Lightweight

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Andrew Rankine - Aug 24, 2013 5:36 am - Voted 4/5

Great Fit, Durability Questionable
This is the best fitting mountaineering boot I have used. Better fit than LS Trango, Scarpa Triolet (for me at least). Not the most durable boot, and lace guides can get bent. Now I use the Salewa Condor which is more durable and fits just like the Raven... only difference is different sole, leather upper.

WyomingSummits - Nov 2, 2013 9:22 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Fit, Durability Questionable
Odd....I haven't had issues with the lacing hooks. I looked at the Condor but I can't do leather boots as my feet get too hot...syn uppers are pretty much it for me. Really can't go wrong with Salewa! Thanks for the comment!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2