SM lite

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title SM lite
Manufacturer Salomon
Page By The North Face
Page Type Dec 17, 2005 / Dec 17, 2005
Object ID 1532
Hits 3695
Vote
FEATURES
* All-round PU rand
* Front clip/heel counter
* One pull lace lock system
* Semi automatic crampon compatible

MOUNTAIN CHASIS
PU midsole and external heel
heel counter
mountain turned plate
contagrip2 outsole

CONTGRIP 2
Maximizes the properties of STICKNESS in inner pods and the properties of BITE on the perimeter to give optimal performance on mixed terrain without compromising long term durability.
CRAMPONS COMPTABILITIY:
Heel counter in thermo-plastic polyurethane
UPPER:
1.6mm mountain leather
CUSHIONING:
Molded PU midsole
STIFFNESS REINFOREMENT:
Polymide+
WEIGHT:
975g

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

The North Face - Dec 17, 2005 7:54 am - Voted 2/5

Untitled Review
This is the shoe I used before my recent pair MILLET Alpinist GTX. It is very difficult to admit that those shoes belong to the same category. The comfort cannot be compared and the hole converting differs that much. This shoe is very dure cushion is very mad. After a few hours of walk I always got blisters at both heels due to the heelconstruction of the shoe which is too lax even if you tie it intensively. The result of tieing it intensively is that your feet fall asleep after a while. Maybe it fits better to other feet but I didn't like this shoe at all.

Fury - Jan 22, 2006 10:53 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I couldn't disagree more with the other review. These boots felt great right out of the box. I used these boots on a 12km hike the day after I bought them and only had a hint of a warm spot on the back of my heel. The next day I put some duct tape on my heel and went on another hike and feet felt great. Later that week I used them to scramble up three peaks (consecutive days) and my feet were very happy. On one of the peaks there was some mild hands on climbing. During these sections I thought that these boots edged very nicely and the sole is quite sticky. These boots are more comfortable than my hiking boots. The soles are pretty stiff, yet are flexible enough for comfortable walking. I read a review on another site where the reviewer has very happy with these boots going up Rainier. I looks forward to using these boots on snow/glacier climbs and moderate rock climbs this summer.

I have since used this boots for snow/glacier climbs and a little 4th class rock and I still think they're great. They are comfortable, supportive and they don't feel heavy or bulky. I'm sure there are better boots for mountaineering, but for the price they are well worth it.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2