Built for stability and comfort, the S12 Articule is exceptional for long days on the mountain. This is the most simplified version in the S12 crampon series, with lightweight straps over the heel and toe. The strap on design will work even with sneakers and the articulated joint allows it to walk better than any other crampon on any flexible boot. With a rigid boot the crampon is rigid and climbs well. They also work better than most crampons with over boots. However, these are difficult to put on with gloves due to threading through the metal rings, a problem when it is very cold.
- Ideal for climbing and mountaineering
- Twelve-point design
- Horizontal toe points for added traction
- Adjustable width without tools
- Single screw adjustment to fit boots from U.S. size 3-1/2 to 11-1/2 and European size 36 - 46
- Compatible with Antibott System® crampon accessory (anti-balling) - sold separately
- UIAA certified
- Alaska Mountaineering & Hiking (2003, 2002): "The best strap on crampon made in our view."