VauDe Space II

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title VauDe Space II
Manufacturer Vaude
Page By Rinat Shagisultanov
Page Type Jul 20, 2004 / Jul 20, 2004
Object ID 1101
Hits 10042
Vote
The "cross-sleeper" of the Classic series. Two large vestibules add more room and better ventilation than others, because of the clever use of ridgepoles. Simple construcion and storm-proof stability are almost legendary on our Space tents.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Rinat Shagisultanov - Jul 20, 2004 1:23 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
My version is 4 year old Space 2. VauDe now is manufacturing a single entrance model instead of 2-door version. The model has 2 inner poles and one external pole that gives tension to the rainfly. The price/quality ratio is very good and the tent worked well for me in most cases under heavy rain (on a 2 week trip on the Sierra High Route in the El Ninjo year of 2001) and it standed well against a couple of snow storms. You mist have a condensation inside, but notm to much as the outer pole keeps the outer fly away from the inner tent and gives enough place for the air circulation. This tent sleeps 2 tall people (I am 187 cm) + all the gear can be kept outside at the entrances covered by the outer fly. You can cook at the entrance, though it is not recommnded in general as the vestibules's upper shape is pretty low. The winter version of this tent has the ability to dig the bottom portion of the outer tent into the snow to increase the stability, but for it will decrease the aur circulation as well. The poles are made of Al 11 mm. The tent is connected to the poles with plastic hooks and the outer tent is supported by velcro. This was my first tent truly manufactured by the well-established brand and it never dissapointed me. This a stable, reliable and verstatile tent. I rate as 3/4 season, as it won;t work for heavy storms in the altitude, but it is just great both for winter and summer trips on Sierra in the moderate season.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1