Perfect gloves for wind-resistant, breathable warmth in cool and cold weather. Polartec® lightweight stretch fabric makes these ideal for wearing alone or layering under heavier gloves or mittens. Ideal for cross-country skiing and other sweat-inducing winter activities.
I used these gloves for Rainier, and they did a great job. They were the only thing I wore on my hands, and they stayed very warm. The gloves fit perfect and were very comfortable. They are very flexible and I could tie knots and use carabiners just as if I wasn't wearing any gloves at all. On the palm side of the glove, there are little rubber hourglass shaped objects, that provide extra grip.
Now despite the name of these gloves, "Wind Pro Power Stretch Gloves", they are not 100% wind proof, but do a pretty good job in moderate conditions. If planning to wear in extremely cold and windy situations, I suggest using these as a liner on a heavier set of gloves. They work well as a liner because when your hand sweats, it wicks very well, so as not to get your hand cold when the sweat tries to dry.
The little sleeves that cover your wrists are tight, which are nice because snow and water doesn't easily flow down into your gloves. They are not tight enough to be uncomfortable, but just right.
* Stretchy Polartec® Wind Pro® fabric made from 84% polyester, 16% spandex
* Wind Pro® fabric is four times more wind-resistant than regular fleece for breathable warmth and comfort without the bulk
* Lightweight fleece lining is soft, warm, breathable, wicks moisture, and dries quickly
* Thin construction allows dexterity and provides protection from the elements while not overheating your hands
* High-friction, grippy palm and fingers let you securely hold ski poles or the steering wheel
* Stretchy fleece cuff (94% polyester, 6% spandex) secures the fit
* A great year-round glove for cool weather or cold-weather aerobic activities
Shell: 84% polyester, 18% spandex
Palm: 54% polyester, 24% nylon, 12% spandex
Cuff: 94% polyester, 6% spandex