Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.84198°N / 0.44465°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 8159 ft / 2487 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

PeyregetPeyreget

This interesting mountain is located in the shadow of the one that many consider the most beautiful mountain of the Pyrenees, the Pic du Midi d'Ossau, what does that be a privileged observatory for all those that do not possess sufficient technical capacity to climb the great mountain, but they desire to enjoy contemplating it.
Thanks its locating and not long and nor complicated ascent is a pretty advisable hike for all kinds of people. Also it is a good option to carry out a walk-up when the weather conditions impede the climb of the Pic du Midi (rain, snow...)

Of the several options of ascent, although a shorter route exists, would be able to consider as normal route, by being the most traveled one, the one that goes from the Portalet (same trailhead of normal route of Pic du Midi d'Ossau) to refuge of Pombie and walk for its east face. It's the route most evident with easy signals and path to follow and it has the posibility of make a rest in the mountain hut of Pombie to drink or to eat under the great presence of the beatiful walls of SE face of Midi. Following to the summit the landscape is nice with the view of cirque d'Aneu, peaks of valley of Tena and the four peaks of the massif of Ossau: Petic Pic, Grand Pic, Pointe d'Aragon and Aiguille Jean Santé.


Peyreget and Midi d OssauPeyreget and Midi d'Ossau

Getting There

PortaletPortalet

From Spain:
--From Huesca or Jaca: N-330 to Sabiñánigo, N-260 to Biescas and A-136 to frontier of Col du Portalet, after a descent of 1 km we reach the parking at the Cabane de l'Araille (1.742 m).

From France:
--From Pau: D-934 to Lake of Fabregès and after crossing of Caillou de Soques (trailhead to peak Pallas, 1400m) we reach the parking at the Cabane de l'Araille (1.742 m).

Red Tape

Not permits, not fees.
The peak it's located in the Pyrenees National Park. The free camping is forbidden and you must to respect the wildlife.

Camping

Refuge de PombieRefuge Pombie

Not allowed.
The area has a lot of hotels around Portalet, Sallent de Gallego, Biescas, Escarrilla...

Refuges:
-Refuge de Pombie

Campings:
-Escarrilla: Camping Escarra 1ªCat.(974-487154)

When to climb

The best season is spring or summer without snow but the winter climb it's not complicated for mountaineers with the use of crampons and ice-axe or even the ski cross-county. In Spring is interesting the use of snowshoes until Refuge de Pombie.
El tiempo en Sallent de Gallego - Predicción a 7 días y condiciones actuales.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pyrénées: BéarnMountains & Rocks