It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Mt. Darwin

N. Rib... anyone out there ever climb it ? What was it like, cl 3 or cl. 4
NE Ridge... same

I just can't find much of anything on either route.

Thanks
Read more : Mt. Darwin | Views : 1370 | Replies : 3

eagle lake ice????

hi all..
has anyone been up to eagle lake in tahoe this season?? Any clues on the best places to find some ice around there would be sweet...
Also my stoner partner has left me high and dry, i wont go into it. But if any of you nice summitposters are up for a bit of pre xmas ice or mixed around tahoe drop me a line.
415 713 8104...

cheers
PR
Read more : eagle lake ice???? | Views : 2633 | Replies : 10

East Side Ice Climbing

I'm driving up to Tahoe from San Diego next week, and was hoping to stop for some ice climbing along the way. If anybody is looking to get out, say Tu-Fri, PM me.

Casey
Read more : East Side Ice Climbing | Views : 1207 | Replies : 0

Shasta Beta

Been up many times via a few routes. But, I am looking to do some training and wanted input. My thought was to base at Helen and summit two days in a row from the 10k level. But as I think about it, it sounds boring! Is it possible from a base at Helen to get into Green Butte for the second day ? Or perhaps just head left of the heart for the second ...
Read more : Shasta Beta | Views : 2952 | Replies : 16

San Gabriels Rock

Not, not the rock climbing kinda rock, just the whole range in general. I've been running around the last few days in the parts not closed by fire and I was once again impressed. This range is freakin' rugged and if you climb something not starting from Angeles Crest (they should close that road permanently, imo) it's hella steep. My calves hurt. And the views are incredible, too. Did a hike last night to Yale ...
Read more : San Gabriels Rock | Views : 4102 | Replies : 21

Snow conditions in Yosemite?

After last week's storms, my hope for this weekend was to do some skiing in Yosemite starting from Crane Flat and out to Devil's Dance Floor, roughly in the 6500-7000 ft. elevation range. It's been warm the last few days, and possibly even rained a couple nights ago. Does anyone have a clue as to the current conditions? Do I need to head somewhere higher? Thanks.
Read more : Snow conditions in Yosemite? | Views : 1752 | Replies : 2

Relocating to CA need some input on some areas

I am thinking about relocating to California from Arizona. My wife was offered a transfer there and given some choices about which region she would cover.

The choices are:

San Fran/ Sacramento
San Jose
Fresno
Bakersfield
Covina/ Pasadena
Orange City/ Riverside
San Diego

She likes being close to city/ culture and I like the outdoor pursuits. We also have 3 young children. Cost of living/ housing is a factor but not a huge one we ...
Read more : Relocating to CA need some input on some areas | Views : 10274 | Replies : 55

Deer Springs Trail Conditions

Anyone with input on Deer Springs T.H. to Strawberry Juction Campsite? Current conditions? I am taking my son on his first winter hike-in camping trip from this Sat. to Sun. Conditions will be clear. We are winter prepped save for crampons/snow shoes. Advice? Thanks...We're newbies to this thing.
Read more : Deer Springs Trail Conditions | Views : 1492 | Replies : 4

Flies and Mosquitoes

What time of the year are flies and mosquitoes seen and found the least in the Sierra Nevada Mountains? I tend to see them alot in meadows in the higher elevations.
Read more : Flies and Mosquitoes | Views : 2245 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557948 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136406