PhpBB 3.0.7-PL1 & copyright

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Hotoven

by Hotoven » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:48 pm

I'm fine with what we have now. But you can always make a back-up. So if everything is lost, at least we can restore it. Like I said before, its better to be safe than sorry.

no avatar
Dave K
Forum Moderator

by Dave K » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:33 pm

I always advise making a back up of everything you value that you have submitted on SP.

BTW, apparently the owners make very little, if anything.

Hotoven

by Hotoven » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Dave K wrote:I always advise making a back up of everything you value that you have submitted on SP.

BTW, apparently the owners make very little, if anything.

I agree, but its kind of funny, I have an email account solely devoted to term papers, essay, and projects I have done in and for school. That way if my hard drive, and USB goes, I can go on the internet to have my files back that I sent to myself!

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:28 pm

stefschuermans wrote:
butitsadryheat wrote:Image
you sure are losing a lot of sleep over this, aren't you?

I want to contribute to SP but since I'm using SP as my guidebook (yes oh yes, stupid silly me) it's hard. I can write some code and I made be usefull but there's no opportunity ...

Stef, nothing promotes innovation like a little competition. Use your skills to make a better alternative to SP. If that doesn't get the owners' attention, then you can have all the business to yourself...

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:39 pm

I must be really naive, because I don't see any big problems. The amount of spam on this board is small, compared to others I have joined; and we have so many hyper-vigilent members, that no bad submission or dubious member lasts very long. I don't see how movement to a new BBS system would change the rate of crappy page creation anyhow.

Yes, the page creation process and the search functions are often troublesome... but that doesn't seem to be the issue here.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback