Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Denali Kit - Your Advice Pls

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

Denali Kit - Your Advice Pls

Postby Froth Dog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi all, grateful for any advice / insight for an upcoming trip to Alaska.

I'm getting my kit ready for a guided Denali expedition June/July next year and am looking to anyone who has spent time on Denali to provide some advice pls.

For context, I'd like to buy kit that I could also take to Himalaya for some higher mountains (8,000m) to save $$ and space in my small apartment!

Sleeping Bags
I think I need a -25F / -32C bag and am considering the Feathered Friends Peregrine EX -25, RAB Expedition 1000 or Mountain Equipment I'll be using a closed cell pad and an Exped UL Downmat 7

Pack
I have a Gregory Balroro 65 and love the comfort so thinking about the Gregory Denali 100 for Denali. Alternatively Osprey Xenith 105. Any views on either or alternatives?

Goggles
Any suggestions?

Power
I like to make short movies of climbs (link to my SW Ridge of Mt Aspiring movie below). In NZ I just take spare batteries. On Denali I will need charging system. Anyone used Anker PowerPort 21W?

Boots
LS Oly Mons

Cheers
Froth Dog

https://vimeo.com/196991342
Froth Dog

Re: Denali Kit - Your Advice Pls

Postby Sunny Buns » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:09 am

Scroll down and check out the list. He also has some videos I think.

http://www.alanarnette.com/climbing/gearlist.php
Sunny Buns

The following user would like to thank Sunny Buns for this post
Froth Dog

Return to Gear