Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.12790°N / 11.39870°E
Additional Information Elevation: 7860 ft / 2396 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Mount Sette Selle (Seven Saddles) lies in Val dei Mocheni, a wonderful valley where the Fersina stream runs and bordered by a fine summit range belonging to Lagorai group :
Monte Rujoch ( 2415 m.), Monte Conca ( 2301m.) Cima d'Ezze ( 2362 m.) , Cima Sette Selle ( 2396 m.) Sasso Rotto (2396 m) Sasso Rosso ( 2310 m)

Sette Selle
Rifugio Setteselle 2014m, Cima d'Ezze 2351m, Cima Sette Selle 2396m



Getting There

  • by car using the autoroute A22 (Brennero-Modena) : get out at Trento Centro (km 13) and follow SS47 (Valsugana) till Pergine Valsugana, the along the SP8 (Valle dei Mocheni-Palù del Fersina)
  • by train : Trento station (railway Monaco-Roma) - Pergine Valsugana Station (railway Valsugana, Trento-Venezia). Info: 1678/46047
  • by bus using the public transportation of Società Atesina starting from Trento
  • nearest airports : Verona - Aeroporto Valerio Catullo
    Venezia (Marco Polo Airport) - Milano (Linate Airport) - Bolzano (Bolzano Sud Airport)

    When To Climb

    All year long (avoid the ridge in winter)


    Mountain Conditions

    meteotrentino

    Hiking route

    More than an hike this can be seen as a mini-trekking, a ring trip : it lies almost always on the main ridge, requires good fit and training and takes about 6 hours.
    The starting point is Frotten (1500m - Palù del Fersina)
    Here you can park your car and must start walking along the path 343.
    Through a conifer hood, boarding on the right side the monte Hoamonder (2185m) in about 1 hour you get the rifugio Sette selle (2014m) under the Monte Slimber, Cima d'Ezze and cima Sette Selle.
    The path gets steep along scree and rhododendrons till the cross with the path 315 (leading to Forcella d'Ezze)
    Now the path 343 goes along the base of the indented ridge of Cima Sette Selle. Getting that summit requires some scramble and is only for expert hikers. (Interesting ruins of Ist World War)
    The path goes on, without losing elevation, near the Sasso Rotto saddle, crosses Forcella Conella (2198m) then, along the ridge, gets Cima delle Lepri (2292m).
    With a wonderful view on the lago di Erdemolo you must follow it crossing small saddles and steep channels getting the cima Monte del Lago (2327 m).
    Once at Forcella del Lago you get the path 325 that, boarding on its left side the Pizzo Alto (2254 m) brings you down to Erdemolo lake and back to the car parking.



    Maps and books

    Kompass 621: Valsugana - Cima d' Asta - Val dei Mocheni
    kompass 626 : Catena dei Lagorai - Cima d' Asta
    Giuseppe Borziello : Escursioni Lagorai - itinerari fuoriporta Cierre Edizioni







    BORN TO BE WILD

    ©2006 Tiziana Ciaghi




  • Parents 

    Parents

    Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

    Lagorai GROUPMountains & Rocks