SW Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 51.35280°N / 116.2006°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Moderate
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start from Moraine Lake. Get on the Larch Valley/Sentinel Pass Trail that starts just past the canoe docks on the north side of the lake.
Follow the great trail all the way up to Sentinel Pass (2-3 hours)

Route Description


From the pass hike right up the ridge, maybe slightly on the right side of it. Follow a faint, crumbly trail up the 1st gulley to the right of the ridge. Follow it to the top, when the gulley hits a steep wall. Hike below the wall to the right into short gulley. Go up this onto a scree slope. Keep going up, going past another wall to the right. Either climb right up onto the ridge or stay slightly below it on the right and continue going up and finally onto a sloping ridge crest. Follow this up and onto the sumit.

Essential Gear


Good, waterproof hiking boots
Gaitors
Hiking Pole
Ice Axe
Appropriate clothing

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
PellucidWombat

PellucidWombat - Dec 13, 2008 5:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Scramble rating

Just for the sake of standardization, could you put the YDS rating on the difficulty rating on this page? I'd call it class 3 to 4-.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.