Sweet Poison

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.10a (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.10a
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There

Drive north on Movie Flat Road until you get to the big bend (which turns right). At the bend, turn left and drive until you get to an obvious fork in the road. Take the left fork and continue on to roads end at a parking area. The wall (known as The Walnut) is a 1 minute walk to the south by taking an ovbious stone lined trail, starting at a large rock with burn marks in the parking area.

The Location Of Sweet Poison

The trail will lead down into a dry sand bed and back up to the base of the left side of The Walnut formation. Once there, locate a right facing dihedral (the start of 'Nothing Honey', 5.9), and go 25 feet to the right, facing a steep wall with a sloping ramp-like boulder on its right side. Locate a line of bolts leading up this face. Prepare for some "intoxicating" climbing!

The Route

Climb the steep face up small crimps and side pulls to a decomposing buldge, passing 4 bolts along the way. Pass the buldge by climbing slightly to the right, passing 2 more bolts and continuing up to a pair of Mussey hooks. Lower off.

Note: As this climb sees more traffic, this route will be a nice addition to The Alabama Hills.

Gear Needed

(6) draws
(1) 50m rope


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.