The Grand Tour

The Grand Tour

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing, Hiking, Scenery

Beautiful Mount Hood and Whitney

We first started with Mount Hood via the Leuthold Couloir, then Mount Whitney via the Mountaineer's Route. The video ends in Death Valley with Manly Beacon which is located in Golden Canyon. This was an incredible series of adventures which I always tell myself "I cannot Live the Adventure of a Life Time just Once!". To see the latest pictures from this trip click here.



Enjoy! :-D

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Dec 28, 2011 11:21 am - Voted 10/10

Nice page

but it's "couloir" not "coulior". I know the route page owner spelled it incorrectly so maybe that threw ya. I've attempted that route 7 times now and always had tons of ice coming down. Looks like you got it in nice conditions. Great job!

Brian

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jan 15, 2012 1:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page

That explains it. I copied and pasted the title from the page because I often times have a hard time spelling out couloir. Firefox's spellchecker considers it misspelled when you spell it right. As for the conditions, everything was very solid. I hear it's possible to climb this route when things are a little more snowy to make traveling easier rather than many patches of water ice. It was manageable considering that we had crampons, ice axe, and an ice tool.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2