Veliki Draski vrh ski tour (SE slope)

Veliki Draski vrh ski tour (SE slope)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.36060°N / 13.87550°E
Additional Information Route Type: Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: medium
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

By a good road (cleaned all the winter) to Rudno polje, cca 1300 m.

Route Description

Pokljuka ski tours 4
Pokljuka ski tours 4

Between Veliki Draški vrh and Rudno polje lies a ridge of Viševnik, 2050 m. So our first task should be the decision how to cross it or go around it.

a. The fastest option is to follow the cross-country ski route towards the SW. Where it turns back, we continue towards Uskovnica, but soon deter right and follow the forrest road, which loses no heigth around Miščovec hill (1483 m). The road finally gets the northern direction and ends on a comfortable parking place. In times of tour skiing this road is usually not cleaned of snow. Now we proceed northwards and in less than 30 min reach Konjščica alpine meadow (some weekend huts), 1437 m. Till there 1 hour.

b. Nice possibility is also crossing the Viševnik ridge. On Rudno polje go by the forrest road (cross-country route) towards the NW, then along two ski lifts and from the top of the second continue by the narrow valley to Zlata voda, a shallow valley below Viševnik. As this is the usual ascent to Viševnik, there are allways foot tracks. Now proceed westwards to the Viševnik S-SE ridge. You reach it on 1790 m, on the saddle below Plesišče (1801 m). From the ridge, you can beautifully ski down 350 meters towards the SW and reach Konjščica alpine meadow.

From Konjščica the route is clearly seen. You proceed northwards (or N-NW) towards the passage between Sleme (left, SW) and Viševnik (right, NE). There you enter the beautiful Jezerce valley, 1700 m.

c. Jezerce can also be reached by going around Viševnik by its eastern and northern side. On Zlata voda (see above), above the ski lift, you can turn north and go below Viševnik summit by its eastern slopes. So you comfortably reach Srenjski preval (saddle), 1959 m, where Viševnik is attached to Mali Draški vrh. But again you must ski down (250 m) to Jezerce.

d. The hardest way (but also very beautiful) to reach Jezerce is over the summit of Viševnik. From the summit you proceed by the ridge towards thr NW (steep, exposed) and then ski down (very steep, danger of avalanches) directly to Jezerce.

From Jezerce you proceed westwards towards Studorski preval, 1892 m. Just below it (you go all the time on skis) turn sharply right (towards the NE) and follow comfortable passages among rocks up to the small plateau, where the broad SE roof of Draški vrh begins. Follow the roof to the top.

Skiing down to Jezerce is obvious (very beautiful, 550 m), PD-. To return back to Rudno polje, we usually ski down to Konjščica and then ascend the ridge of Viševnik. Those 350 m pay up with nice skiing down to Rudno polje (PD-, otherwise you must walk up by the forrest road).

The described combination gives you some 1250 meters of nice skiing.

Essential Gear

Just the usual tour skiing equipment.

Ski tours Grading Scale – (SAC)

SP link: https://www.summitpost.org/ski-tours-grading-scale-sac/1047391



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.