Kolob

Kolob

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

Add Your Best Kolob Photos - No Slots



Two different sections of Zion National Park are the Kolob Canyons and Kolob Terrace. There are some great hikes, canyons and mountain to climb in the Kolob parts of the park. The Kolob Canyons area is just off Highway 15, between St. George and Cedar City and the Kolob Terrace turn-off is in the small town of Virgin located 12 miles from the south entrance to the park.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
SawtoothSean

SawtoothSean - Feb 12, 2008 1:58 am - Voted 10/10

Great Idea

Kolob is one of my favorite areas and this is a nice album. I found some rappel chains at the top of a scramble once on a prominent notch. The notch is just left (if your looking from the road) of a massive vertical crack. Someone told me it might be called the Icebox, and I think if you rappel it it might take you close to the Kolob Arch. Sound familiar?

I added a so-so quality picture of what I was talking about:

http://www.summitpost.org/images/original/380334.JPG

tanya

tanya - Feb 12, 2008 11:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Idea

It does! I love Icebox Canyon. It's one of my favorite. The start is something else, but you do end at Kolob Arch. I got stung by a scorpion there the day we did that one. That's a beautiful photo from Kolob. I love the deep rich colors there.

Trail report and Pictures for Icebox Canyon

Here are a couple of photos that I have on sp for Icebox - they are the rappels to drop into the canyon.

photo
photo

SawtoothSean

SawtoothSean - Feb 21, 2008 9:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Great Idea

Thanks for the link!- that page has a nicely detailed description of the rappel.

tanya

tanya - Feb 22, 2008 12:41 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Idea

You are welcome. :)

Yes, Bo writes the canyon descriptions on that side. He is good at what he does.

Scott Wesemann

Scott Wesemann - Nov 11, 2008 1:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Very cool pics

As always. I need to get down there. What an incredible place.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5