The Subway

The Subway

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Canyoneering

Add Your Best Subway Photos



The Subway is a popular and spectacular canyon in the Kolob Terrace section of the Park. The canyon is considered to be semi-technical which means most need a rope but many can do it without one. The route begins at the Wildcat Canyon Trailhead found along the Kolob Terrace Road.


More photos of Zion

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Scott

Scott - Dec 21, 2007 10:15 am - Hasn't voted

Most beautiful canyon in the world

I have seen a lot of the world, but I have never seen a canyon as beautiful as this one for scenery per mile beauty. As far as places in the world, the only place that I have found that can equal it's beauty is the Annapurna Sanctuary, but it's a completely different kind of beauty.

tanya

tanya - Dec 21, 2007 10:36 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Most beautiful canyon in the world

The first time through with Tom Jones I thought.... dang! This is awful. There was so much hype in the media about it. But after doing many canyons and learning to appreciate the real thing, you are right! It's a beauty. The best thing is that most people can see it even if they don't want to do the canyoneering by hiking in from the bottom. This was a fun trip because Bo took his son and I took my daughter and her friend. This was right before she turned herself into a bleach blond, 20 year old looking, knockout. ~sniffle~ Kids! They just don't want to stay kids!

gherlanezu - Sep 28, 2012 11:50 pm - Hasn't voted

How are the conditions late in October?

I am planning a trip to Zion late October and I was wondering what are my chances to get into the subway at that time?

Viewing: 1-3 of 3