Spring Break Around the Colorado Plateau

Spring Break Around the Colorado Plateau

Page Type Page Type: Album

No School!

Still more pictures to come!

So here are pictures from my spring break. Me and Bethany (my girlfriend) went to the Grand Canyon, Lees Ferry, Horseshoe Bend, Lake Powell, Rimrock Hoodoos, Bryce Canyon National Park, Elkhart Cliffs, Zion National Park, Virgin River Gorge, Red Rocks State Park (Nevada), and then Lake Mead. I took way to many pictures, 800 to be exact.

We first went the Grand Canyon. It was really cold there, but that was expected. Then we drove to Lee's Ferry. On the way, we had a nasty dust storm and then a bad snow storm. That night, we had crazy winds all night when we camped at Lees Ferry. The next day, we hiked around a little and then left for warmer weather. We hiked to see Horseshoe Bend and then went up to Lake Powell. From there, we saw Rimrock Hoodoos. We then had a good idea to catch sunset at Bryce, but when we got there, it was still winter with 4ft of snow and it was very cold. We got a hotel that night.

The next day I met up with my friend Gred Olsen for three days. We hung around the Zion Area and checked up a few slots canyons outside of Zion; Red Hallow Slot Canyon and Red Cave Slot Canyon. In Zion, we hiked the Emerald Pools, Angels Landing, the Riverside Walk, Hidden Canyon and then we almost did Observation Point, but we ran out of time.

We left Greg in Zion and we headed SW. First stopping at the In-N-0ut in St. George, we went to the Virgin River Gorge and hung out there. Then, we met up with friend in the Red Rocks in Nevada and climbed for a few days. I lead a 5.9 and did a few 5.10's and some other 5.9's. We climbed in the Black Corridor and then on the Hunter Thompson Dome. The last night at the Red Rocks we had a BRUTAL wind storm.

We left our friends in Red Rocks and we went to Arizona Hot Springs Canyon. Then, stopping in Kingmen for In-N-Out, we made it back to Flagstaff

External Links



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
EricChu

EricChu - Mar 23, 2010 4:45 pm - Voted 10/10

This is a great album!!

These pictures really have "grandeur"!
Cheers,
Eric

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 24, 2010 12:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: This is a great album!!

Thank you Eric for your comment! I would like to think that some of the best are yet to come. Keep checking back. Cheers!

EricChu

EricChu - Mar 24, 2010 5:14 am - Voted 10/10

Re: This is a great album!!

Thanks for informing me, Alex! Just now I checked on the ones I hadn't seen yet - they're wonderful!
Cheers,
Eric

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: This is a great album!!

Thank you again Eric! I took some 800 pictures so I will keep adding them as time permits. Cheers!

goofball

goofball - Mar 23, 2010 11:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Looks like a great time

Nice pictures.

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 24, 2010 12:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Looks like a great time

Thanks! It was an amazing trip and once the weather was good, it was an even better time.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.