Aliens

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Aliens
Manufacturer DMM
Page By JScoles
Page Type Aug 22, 2003 / Aug 22, 2003
Object ID 798
Hits 3212
Vote
Drive it home with the Alien. If your idea of a good time is climbing pitch after pitch of fat vertical ice or scratching your way up a Scottish testpiece then the Alien is for you. Beautifully balanced and sporting the new Razor Blade pick, these rigs swing like a dream. The bend at the bottom of the shaft gives you the knuckle clearance necessary to climb all day and still be able to hold onto a pint of beer when you get back to the bar.

• Razor Blade pick.

• Great swing weight.

• Super durable.



Choke Hold Leash

Using a design pioneered by Pika (innovative climbing company in Utah), this leash will slide down and hold on till you say "uncle". Great for when you may have to drop your tools for some rock moves.

• Super simple design.

• Fast and easy wrist attachment.

• Great for pure ice or mixed.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Bignick - Jun 6, 2005 12:42 am - Voted 2/5

Untitled Review
My Grivel Machines must have spoiled me. I bought a pair of straight shaft Aliens and tried them briefly while free soloing the first pitch of a multi-pitch water ice route. I kept bashing my knuckles and could not get good penatration with the lighter heads. Hooking was poor also as the shaft would contact a bulge before a secure placement was made. I'm sure thes bent shafts would work better.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1