Scrambles in the Canadian Rockies

 

Scrambles in the Canadian Rockies
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Scrambles in the Canadian Rockies
Manufacturer Rocky Mountain Books
Page By Bill Kerr
Page Type Aug 15, 2008 / Aug 15, 2008
Object ID 5531
Hits 4143
Vote

Guide Book


Scrambles In the Canadian Rockies 3rd edition
by Alan Kane
Recipient of the Banff Mountain
Book Festival's Canadian Rockies Award

There are an amazing number of high mountains in the Canadian Rockies that have easy routes to the summit. In this popular guide, Alan Kane brings together 150 of his favourite scrambles, starting in Waterton National Park and working his way up through the Crowsnest area and Kananaskis Country into the contiguous national parks of Banff, Kootenay, Yoho and Jasper. Each peak can be climbed in one day from a road or backcountry lodge.

Scrambles are carefully graded and range from easy walk-ups for experienced hikers who want a little more challenge to more difficult, hands-on scrambles for climbers. Each mountain is well illustrated with route photos and often a photo of the crux.
To order online
Rocky Mountain Books

Features

Add Features text here.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-3 of 3

Bill Kerr - Aug 15, 2008 11:27 pm - Voted 5/5

Best Scrambles Book
Best book for scrambling in the Canadian Rockies. Well researched and detailed descriptions with good pictures.

stepho - Aug 14, 2009 9:38 pm - Voted 5/5

good book
best one I have seen yet. the pictures alone are very helpful.

Brian C - Feb 19, 2011 9:38 am - Voted 4/5

Kane
This book has gotten me to some great places. That said, if he says it is difficult, expect difficult! The routes and mountains are all spectacular and I have not been disappointed using this book.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3