Beautiful Sierra Spring Conditions

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Princess Buttercup

Re: Beautiful Sierra Spring Conditions

by Princess Buttercup » Thu May 02, 2013 6:06 pm

JHH: See the other thread re: Pine Creek for current conditions there. Lovely leg stretcher up that way yesterday. :)

The following user would like to thank Princess Buttercup for this post
JHH60

Burchey

by Burchey » Thu May 02, 2013 6:55 pm

As a mental health professional expert in a part-time internship, I like where this is going.

Daria

by Daria » Thu May 02, 2013 6:58 pm

JHH60 wrote:
Daria wrote:
JHH60 wrote:I keep checking this thread to see some spring conditions, and maybe hear some news about how Rob is doing, and have to wade through pages of this sophomoric crap. Can't you guys get a room in OffRoute?

um, hello?

i just posted a photo with current conditions of temple crag/snow levels/lake levels (pic was taken Friday april 26th) and a pic of the palisades on a previous page in this thread (monday april 30th)

stop feeling so threatened by nipples and shit

There was no indication in the thread of when the photos were taken. And I wasn't threatened by them - just assumed they were more exhibits to support a diagnosis of DSM IV 301.81.

go back to page 5 and reread then, are you illiterate or do you just like perpetuating unnecessary hatred?
I'm the top troll.

The following user would like to thank Daria for this post
John Duffield

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Thu May 02, 2013 7:05 pm

Congrats on moving to Bishop, Daria. I might want to move there some day...even though no access to Yosemite in winter would suck.

The following user would like to thank Vitaliy M. for this post
John Duffield

Burchey

by Burchey » Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Is the local SAR out of Bishop? Can't remember, maybe it's Ridgecrest.

JHH60

by JHH60 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Daria wrote:
JHH60 wrote:
Daria wrote:
JHH60 wrote:I keep checking this thread to see some spring conditions, and maybe hear some news about how Rob is doing, and have to wade through pages of this sophomoric crap. Can't you guys get a room in OffRoute?

um, hello?

i just posted a photo with current conditions of temple crag/snow levels/lake levels (pic was taken Friday april 26th) and a pic of the palisades on a previous page in this thread (monday april 30th)

stop feeling so threatened by nipples and shit

There was no indication in the thread of when the photos were taken. And I wasn't threatened by them - just assumed they were more exhibits to support a diagnosis of DSM IV 301.81.

go back to page 5 and reread then, are you illiterate or do you just like perpetuating unnecessary hatred?

Yes, you did indicate the date for the Palisade photos on p5. Thanks, they were very nice, it looks like you did a great hike, and I appreciate your posting them. I didn't see a date on the third lake photo, but I appreciate the pic as well now that I know it's recent.

The following user would like to thank JHH60 for this post
Daria, John Duffield

Burchey

by Burchey » Thu May 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Vitaliy, where are the dates on your photos?

Daria

by Daria » Thu May 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Vitaliy M. wrote:Congrats on moving to Bishop, Daria. I might want to move there some day...even though no access to Yosemite in winter would suck.

yea, its quite nice here. Just wish I'd meet more friends and more climbing partners. But I've only been here since the end of March.
I'm the top troll.

Daria

by Daria » Thu May 02, 2013 8:04 pm

I talked to the very nice friendly people at elevation shop in lone pine, and they said that there is a 10 to 1 ratio (male climbers to female climbers) in bishop and that none of the girls want to partner up with them because they are unemployed dirtbags. Thats what I was told because I was looking for someone to go to Utah with for a whole week.

Thought that was kind of funny, but have not seen these so called dirtbaggers yet. Guess I need to go hang out at the crag (not my most favorite place)
I'm the top troll.

Burchey

by Burchey » Thu May 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Daria wrote:I talked to the very nice friendly people at elevation shop in lone pine, and they said that there is a 10 to 1 ratio (male climbers to female climbers) in bishop and that none of the girls want to partner up with them because they are unemployed dirtbags. Thats what I was told because I was looking for someone to go to Utah with for a whole week.

Thought that was kind of funny, but have not seen these so called dirtbaggers yet. Guess I need to go hang out at the crag (not my most favorite place)

Great idea. You've got the perfect icebreaker - some commonality. Check out the Buttermilks, although you'll probably have better luck meeting someone who wants to go route climbing at Owens.

edit: typo

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Thu May 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Daria wrote:
Vitaliy M. wrote:Congrats on moving to Bishop, Daria. I might want to move there some day...even though no access to Yosemite in winter would suck.

yea, its quite nice here. Just wish I'd meet more friends and more climbing partners. But I've only been here since the end of March.

Maybe you can go climbing with Deb. She is also a female climber, and not a dirtbag.

How much free time do you have for climbing/mountaineering now? I bet if you get a bouldering pad and go to Happys or Buttermilks you will meet lot’s of people. Some of them might even be interested in climbing sport routes (like totally making fun of boulderers). Posting a ‘looking for partners’ thing on mountainproject/summitpost, or that climbing store in Bishop might work too. It is really hard to find compatible partners that want to do similar things, and match personalities. Some people are flaky too, those are the worst.

Daria

by Daria » Thu May 02, 2013 8:21 pm

If working from 9am to 6:30pm today mean I am unemployed, then I guess there is no logic or reason in this world.

I have no reason to talk about my work. But if someone accuses me of being unemployed, then I have to defend myself. Once again, more bias and hatred-goes a long way doesn't it?
I'm the top troll.

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Thu May 02, 2013 8:22 pm

Burchey wrote:Vitaliy, where are the dates on your photos?

Old climbing buddy just called, he said those pics are fake and don't actually exist in reality....!!

OUT!

PreviousNext

Return to California