Beautiful Sierra Spring Conditions

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Daria

Re: Beautiful Sierra Spring Conditions

by Daria » Thu May 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Vitaliy M. wrote:
Daria wrote:
Vitaliy M. wrote:Congrats on moving to Bishop, Daria. I might want to move there some day...even though no access to Yosemite in winter would suck.

yea, its quite nice here. Just wish I'd meet more friends and more climbing partners. But I've only been here since the end of March.

Maybe you can go climbing with Deb. She is also a female climber, and not a dirtbag.

How much free time do you have for climbing/mountaineering now? I bet if you get a bouldering pad and go to Happys or Buttermilks you will meet lot’s of people. Some of them might even be interested in climbing sport routes (like totally making fun of boulderers). Posting a ‘looking for partners’ thing on mountainproject/summitpost, or that climbing store in Bishop might work too. It is really hard to find compatible partners that want to do similar things, and match personalities. Some people are flaky too, those are the worst.

I know more than enough about flaky partners and I totally agree with you. I have the weekends off and Mondays off and Tuesday after 2pm off and very long days at work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Summer schedule might change to work long days Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. That's whats been eating away at me. Lack of meeting new partners on the east side+i have the time to go climbing and utilize my strategic location=SO frustrating!!!

Some of them might even be interested in climbing sport routes

LOL!

yea the totally not ambitious stoner types are NOT my crowd.

I checked out the bishop wilsons east side sports store (back of the store bulletin board) and it was more barren than I ever would have expected, really was a bummer. There was one single posting about someone looking for the occasional skiing partner and thats it, it was bone dry no other like-minded poor soul calling out into the void of seeking climbing partnerships.
I'm the top troll.

Daria

by Daria » Thu May 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Vitaliy M. wrote:
Maybe you can go climbing with Deb. She is also a female climber, and not a dirtbag.

I would totally go climbing with her-I'm available to just do peaks in the sierra whenever and I benefit greatly from having a woman to talk to. Seems like I would have something in common with her cus I'm definitely not a lady-like girly girl and we are both tough minded. PM me if interested.
I'm the top troll.

Burchey

by Burchey » Thu May 02, 2013 8:51 pm

We're all very aware you're currently employed.

Up until about 5 minutes ago, you weren't. I'd imagine your memory is strong enough to be able to go Waaaaaay back to that time and have things to talk about. Didn't realize I'd have to paint the whole picture...

sharperblue

by sharperblue » Thu May 02, 2013 11:01 pm

3Deserts wrote:
Threatened by Nipples wrote:'Threatened by Nipples' - that's good! that's very good! that's so totally my new screen name; can I get a username change, pls - ?

Quality, quality lulz today.

Two thumbs up.

Now that's just GREAT. Just freakin' GREAT. Might keep it for a few days...try it on for size....not that I am, y'know...Threatened By Nipples. or. stuff.
Good to know the Elves are Listening...always listening..

The following user would like to thank sharperblue for this post
John Duffield

Burchey

by Burchey » Thu May 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Threatened by Nipples wrote:
3Deserts wrote:
Threatened by Nipples wrote:'Threatened by Nipples' - that's good! that's very good! that's so totally my new screen name; can I get a username change, pls - ?

Two thumbs up.

Now that's just GREAT. Just freakin' GREAT. Might keep it for a few days...try it on for size....not that I am, y'know...Threatened By Nipples. or. stuff.

I'm sure they had no choice - I'd imagine their inbox overfloweth with complaints

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Thu May 02, 2013 11:14 pm

I checked out the bishop wilsons east side sports store (back of the store bulletin board) and it was more barren than I ever would have expected, really was a bummer. There was one single posting about someone looking for the occasional skiing partner and thats it, it was bone dry no other like-minded poor soul calling out into the void of seeking climbing partnerships.

Well, might go give those guys from Inyo SAR a call. I know you met several, I bet they climb.

Sorry for my childish humor, hope you are used to it by now. With so much shit around there is A LOT to do solo. If it is actual rock climbing you are looking for you can at least fix a rope on climbs (where you can walk/scramble to anchors), and rope solo (minitraxion with a back up). Or boulder (really good way to get strong, learn technique, and it is actually fun). Not even gonna go into how many peaks you can do out there, since you already know. SPS list is long! So is the list of different routes you can scramble in 3-low 5th class range.

Burchey

by Burchey » Thu May 02, 2013 11:37 pm

Vitaliy M. wrote: With so much shit around there is A LOT to do solo. If it is actual rock climbing you are looking for you can at least fix a rope on climbs (where you can walk/scramble to anchors), and rope solo (minitraxion with a back up). Or boulder (really good way to get strong, learn technique, and it is actually fun). Not even gonna go into how many peaks you can do out there, since you already know. SPS list is long! So is the list of different routes you can scramble in 3-low 5th class range.

X2

That's the glorious thing about climbing or the mountains. These types of activities are well-suited for those that do well alone or prefer to avoid other people, especially if you're climbing at a very high level and can solo routes comfortably.

They're also great for people who others prefer to avoid.

Deb

by Deb » Thu May 02, 2013 11:52 pm

I am retired, so I have plenty of time to go climb and mountaineer. Problem with me and D hooking up is that I don't think she can handle hearing what I have to say to her face about her gastly outdoor clothing...or any other honest opinion.
BTW, the weather in Bishop is perfect today. :) ...just keeping you folks updated on conditions.

The following user would like to thank Deb for this post
Burchey

Princess Buttercup

by Princess Buttercup » Fri May 03, 2013 2:28 am

Threatened by Nipples wrote:
3Deserts wrote:

Two thumbs up.

Oooo!! OOoooo!! Can I be Princess Buttercup?

Deb

by Deb » Fri May 03, 2013 6:47 am

3Deserts wrote:Who's got the retarded bird picture?

Hey! I have birds! I'm offended by that remark! :evil:

Princess Buttercup

by Princess Buttercup » Fri May 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Daria wrote:I talked to the very nice friendly people at elevation shop in lone pine

Good people to know, Kastle and Jon. They're both on Inyo SAR.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Sat May 04, 2013 2:12 am

MooseTracks wrote:Oooo!! OOoooo!! Can I be Princess Buttercup?

As you wish!

PreviousNext

Return to California