It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:31 pm

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

Denali Climb June 2016

Hello all,
Looking to climb Denali in Late may/ early June 2016... Anyone else interested?

If so, contact me here or my Facebook is www.facebook.com/Kfc4you

Looking to do it unguided, in a group of experienced climbers. I've have most of the equipment, and intermediate climbing experience... (Done Elbrus, Kilimanjaro, Mont Blanc, etc...). Ready for the next step.

Let me know. Would get a 'supply company' for food/etc... but the ...
Read more : Denali Climb June 2016 | Views : 5025 | Replies : 1

Climate change and Denali conditions

I have been to the Alaska Range 5 times... the first in 1988, the last in 2014.
On all of those we flew in to Kahiltna International.
The last trip (early June 2014) I was a bit surprised by the warm and decaying conditions down low.
We were there to do West Buttress of Hunter. Got only to the Cat's Ears. No way was it gonna happen. We would have drowned.
Was told by several ...
Read more : Climate change and Denali conditions | Views : 6110 | Replies : 6

Mountaineering Partner in Alberta/BC

Hey there!

I m Fabrice, a 24yo swiss guy and I coming to the canadian rockies between june 20th till july 18th.

I m planning to go hiking and/or rock climbing, mountaineering.

I just need to find a partner... So who wants to joint me for, I m sure, an incredible adventure?

Just let me Know! :-)

Cheers!
Read more : Mountaineering Partner in Alberta/BC | Views : 5206 | Replies : 1

Prerequisites before attempting Denali?

Just out of curiosity I am wondering what people think are good prerequisites before attempting Denali? (guided and non guided)

What types of climbs, skills and experience etc
Read more : Prerequisites before attempting Denali? | Views : 8302 | Replies : 9

Bugaboos Guidebook (Piche and Atkinson) availability?

Hey all,

Planning a Bugs trip this summer and for the life of me I can't find it for sale anywhere on the web. I've heard this is THE BOOK to have, and the free sample PDF I ran across on the web bears that out.... looks incredible.

Anyone have the beta on how to find this book? Also, if you have one that you'd be willing to sell, I'd pay pretty well for it. ...
Read more : Bugaboos Guidebook (Piche and Atkinson) availability? | Views : 5276 | Replies : 2

Brooks/Silverthorne before June 8th

The NPS site says the shuttle to Wonder Lake doesn't start until June 8th. How to you get up the road before then? Car? Bike? hitchhike? Walk????
Read more : Brooks/Silverthorne before June 8th | Views : 4534 | Replies : 1

ride to talkeetna 4/18

Looking for a ride to talkeetna on 4/18 in the afternoon, from Anchorage. we're 2 people and have 3-4 duffles. Gas+food+tip... anything is cheaper than a shuttle for 2! email @ eliasjdam@hotmail.com

Also, could share a ride with 2 more, so cheaper rate.
Read more : ride to talkeetna 4/18 | Views : 4481 | Replies : 0

Eatly August Climbs in Wengell St. Elias NP

The low snow year in the Pac NW has me considering going to Alaska in early August for a week's trip.

Thinking of renting a car in ANC and driving to the Wengell St.Elias NP.

Any good mountaineering within a couple days travel by foot from the Visitor's Center, for example, Royal Mountain or Mt. Blackburn?

Any other venues of interest?

Thank you.
Read more : Eatly August Climbs in Wengell St. Elias NP | Views : 7357 | Replies : 10

Unguided Denali (West Buttress) Trip Reports w/ Gear Lists?

I am trying to collect recent unguided West Buttress trip reports with complete itemized gear lists. Small teams and especially solo. Having a hard time finding many from the last few years.

Been thinking about a trip for the last few years, 2016 might be it. I am not necessarily planning on trying to do the trip solo, really just appreciate the insight and completeness as far as planning and gear that solo reports provide.
Read more : Unguided Denali (West Buttress) Trip Reports w/ Gear Lists? | Views : 38008 | Replies : 51

Climbing anyone

Hi there everyone! I am flying into Anchorage on Mon the 9th and staying for 1 week. I was wondering if anyone would like to go for a climb. I guide in NH and will be bringing my gear. Even though this is mainly a visit with family I can get away for a climb or two. My cell number is 603-707-8588. Thanks very much. Jim
Read more : Climbing anyone | Views : 4432 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136427