It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:39 pm

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Colorado Climber Missing on Mt. Elbrus

You can donate to support search efforts at the link below - even a few dollars will help the family cover costs to try to find him. Please consider sharing this link to spread the word.

http://www.coloradopolicefoundation.org ... for-steven

There is also a Facebook group you can join and share called Search for Steven at https://www.facebook.com/groups/245085129311718/

Steven Scott Beare is a Colorado police ...
Read more : Colorado Climber Missing on Mt. Elbrus | Views : 5046 | Replies : 2

Skiing in Summer Colorado

I am looking some information about skiing in the summer in Colorado. First of all, can anyone tell me what the snow on Peak 10 in breck is like currently? Also, if anybody can tell me about good summer snow patches for skiing it would be greatly appreciated.
Read more : Skiing in Summer Colorado | Views : 9642 | Replies : 5

Overnight on a 14er

Hey all,
I'll be out in Golden, CO in mid-June, and would like to do a trip that falls within these parameters:

1) Overnight camp on the trail (at higher elevations if possible)
2) Class 3 or 4
3) within 2 hours of Golden

I did Longs last August, which was a blast, but I did it in a day, and this time around, I'd like something with comparably difficult terrain but the chance to ...
Read more : Overnight on a 14er | Views : 5102 | Replies : 2

Rank 14ers, please Rank 14ers, please

Can somebody make a list of least/most difficult, out link to one?
Read more : Rank 14ers, please | Views : 5068 | Replies : 1

Accessible 14ers from I-70 early June

I'm moving back to Washington and I'm going to pass through Colorado early Jun and I'm wondering which 14ers are typically the most accessible that time of year from I-70. Most of my winter gear has been packed up since I've not used it in Ohio in 3 years. No ice axe, crampons or microspikes, etc......
Any suggestions? Or anything not a 14er that could be a good hike would be a welcome suggestion as ...
Read more : Accessible 14ers from I-70 early June | Views : 10680 | Replies : 4

4 Days in Colorado

All,

This summer I have 4 days to spend in south/central Colorado while I move cross-country. I drop my wife and daughter off at Denver International the morning of June 10th, then have to leave the area enroute New Orleans the 15th. The way I figure it, that give me 4 days to hit summits. I'd like to try and pick out 4 summits/day hikes that include no more than class II or light/occasional class ...
Read more : 4 Days in Colorado | Views : 6377 | Replies : 4

Hiking

Hello, my name is Trevor. My friend and I are planning on hiking a mountain this upcoming week on either wednesday or thursday. (3/29 or 3/30). We are probably going to hike Mt. Bierstadt but are open to suggestions or change since I'm not from colorado. If you're looking to meet new people and like climbing mountains, I would love to have someone tag along, especially if you're from Colorado and familiar with the mountains. ...
Read more : Hiking | Views : 3573 | Replies : 0

Barr Trail in late April

Hey guys. I will be in Denver the last week of April and I’m looking to do the Barr Trail to the top of Pikes, but I have a few questions/concerns.

I’m a relatively inexperienced hiker/climber, but I do have Half Dome and the Presidential Traverse in the White Mountains (Mount Washington) under my belt and am a 30 year old male in excellent physical condition. That being said, I understand that the two hikes ...
Read more : Barr Trail in late April | Views : 7759 | Replies : 3

FOUND snowshoes on Flattop

lost_snowshoes.jpg

Found these abandoned snowshoes on Flattop Mtn today in RMNP, on main trail from Bear Lake, at elevation 11,189', gps coord 40.31445,-105.66785. From the markings they appear to be rentals. Didn't feel like carrying them down...so hope they get back to where they need to be!
Read more : FOUND snowshoes on Flattop | Views : 3717 | Replies : 0

Is this the right place for info?

At the end of April I plan to be in the Leadville/Buena Vista/Salida area for 6 weeks. I plan on going for Yale, Shavano, Harvard, Belford, Missouri, Oxford.

I was hoping that there might be other climbers on this forum that might be able to help with some info on conditions - trail/TH. But I don't see too many posts here. So I was wondering if this is the right forum for me. There doesn't ...
Read more : Is this the right place for info? | Views : 5332 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557955 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420