It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:33 am

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Ice climbing near Denver?

I'll be in Denver for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to sneak out for a day of ice, if any, near Denver. Not looking for alpine with a massive approach or anything spectacular. Preferably something to set up a few easy TR's. A bit of Googling got me to Clear Creek Canyon. Is that in? Will a local chime in? Thanks.
Read more : Ice climbing near Denver? | Views : 3118 | Replies : 1

Colorado Mountain Journal

Read more : Colorado Mountain Journal | Views : 1083 | Replies : 0

West Spanish Peak: Cordova Pass Trailhead

Hi all,

I am planning on hiking the West Spanish Peak tomorrow and was wondering if anybody knows if the road to Cordova Pass is still open or if not, how far can I get in a 2wd Toyota Echo.
Thanks,
Nick
Read more : West Spanish Peak: Cordova Pass Trailhead | Views : 1944 | Replies : 0

Ice along I-70....fair game?

So as I was coming back from a gnary run up Grizzly Peak from Loveland Pass (wind like that was only in very intense movies, thought I), I saw a few sections of ice right off of the freeway...is that legal?
Read more : Ice along I-70....fair game? | Views : 2638 | Replies : 6

How much snow on Bison Peak/ Lost Creek Wilderness?

thinking about hiking up to Bison Peak in the Lost Creek Wilderness - anyone been up there in the last days?

How much snow can I expect and do I need snow shoes - or is the path compacted enough that I can do it with my boots and gaitors?

thanks
Read more : How much snow on Bison Peak/ Lost Creek Wilderness? | Views : 1843 | Replies : 4

RMNP ice conditions

I'll be in denver for the holidays and would love to climb in the park. If anyone has any info on ice, would love to hear.

This is the latest info I can find:
http://mountainproject.com/v/colorado__ ... 6592416__3

thanx
heather
Read more : RMNP ice conditions | Views : 2633 | Replies : 0

Winter climbs near vail?

Hey guys, Im going to Vail in march with my family so go snowboarding, but I would really like to take maybe a day trip and go do a fun peak (or two). Preferably something non-technical, but still uses ice axe/ crampons (I.e. no belays or need for rope). I don't know if there are any 14'ers that fit this description, but I doubt it. So are there any Mountains/ peaks that are fun to ...
Read more : Winter climbs near vail? | Views : 3894 | Replies : 8

Nice looking moderate mixed route near Mt. Evans

The Road: WI3 M4. Fairly easy to reach. Seems like it should come in after big snow dumps in the fall.

http://coloradomountainjournal.com/?p=67
Read more : Nice looking moderate mixed route near Mt. Evans | Views : 2038 | Replies : 3

What do you look for in a mountain climbing website

I'm currently developing my first website for fun (fun is a relative term), and wanting to know what the community might be looking for in terms of features. Personally, I tend to use three or four websites for my information and would not mind having it all in one place. Thoughts? Ideas? Anyone interested in beta-testing some features?
Read more : What do you look for in a mountain climbing website | Views : 1711 | Replies : 8

Maroon Creek Rd Closure

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Forest Service Road closed Maroon Creek Road today. I was hoping it would stay open another week as I wanted to go hiking / snowshoeing there tomorrow.

So if you want winter access to the Bells you are going to have to start walking at T Lazy 7 Ranch.
Read more : Maroon Creek Rd Closure | Views : 2066 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558046 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136634