It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:42 pm

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm..and not mountain related.

I'm guessing you have never seen this before.

This guys been dead for 4 days. Good luck explaining this one away.

Do hummingbirds have heart attacks? :? Must be the water.

Read more : Things that make you go Hmmmmmm..and not mountain related. | Views : 1938 | Replies : 2

0 feet prominence???

Can someone please explain to me 0 feet of prominence. I never once understood why a point that has 0 feet of prominence is considered to be a "peak", unranked, but a "peak". If you look through an empty field with a peak that has 0 feet of prominence in it, it would be impossible to find.

The last few unranked mountains in Colorado are 0 feet prominence. Here is a standard example: http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Climbers.php?Id=6590

Why ...
Read more : 0 feet prominence??? | Views : 2856 | Replies : 14

CO alpine ice

how is it shaping up over there. Any thing forming up high?
Read more : CO alpine ice | Views : 5462 | Replies : 22

Mt. Meeker

I really love how every mountain in the Front Range can be painted white, but Mt. Meeker always stands there naked as the day it was born.
Read more : Mt. Meeker | Views : 1375 | Replies : 2

Pikes Peak

HI Everyone,

So I'm flying into Colorado Springs Feb 2010 to climb Pikes Peak. Can anyone offer any advice on the Crags TH? During Feb, how deep is the snow typically, are crampons needed, etc?

Thanks in advance
Jonathan
Read more : Pikes Peak | Views : 2924 | Replies : 7

Snowline On Sneffels and Northern San Juans

Anybody know how low the snowline has fallen so far near Sneffels and Ouray? Also, how far can I drive up the road to Yankee Boy Basin with a Honda Civic? Thanks a lot. :D
Read more : Snowline On Sneffels and Northern San Juans | Views : 2155 | Replies : 2

Standard route up Grizzly Peak D?

Does anyone know the standard route up Grizzly Peak D? I want to climb it this weekend but I am unsure how to approach it. Any advice would be extremely helpful.

Thanks
Read more : Standard route up Grizzly Peak D? | Views : 3007 | Replies : 5

Maroon Bells Snow Cover?

Hey all you Aspen folks, what's the snow cover looking like up on the Bells? I know they could get a few inches tonight/tomorrow. We want to go for the traverse on Saturday, just wondering if there is any existing snow up there that would make the traverse too sketchy for Saturday. Any info is appreciated.
Read more : Maroon Bells Snow Cover? | Views : 4374 | Replies : 3

Climbers: Come together for Layton Kor!

Calling all Colorado climbers, help Layton Kor, a climbing legend awaiting a kidney transplant get the assistance he needs. Go to http://laytonkorclimbing.com/
Read more : Climbers: Come together for Layton Kor! | Views : 1171 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136498