It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:09 am

News News of Ethics, Spray, and Slander

Site map of Ethics, Spray, and Slander » Forum : Ethics, Spray, and Slander

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.

What Mountain is this?

On the Pik Pobeda page a guide service is noted. I looked at their web page and found that the mountain in the back to looks a bit like Rainier. Errrr... not.

http://www.dostuck.com.kg/central-asia.html
Read more : What Mountain is this? | Views : 7341 | Replies : 10

Nando's Commercial (Mugabe-Kim Jung Ill)

I heard about this on NPR the other night and had to look it up.
This is freakin hilarious!! Saddam & Gaddafi even make an appearence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYnL5oUePM8
Read more : Nando's Commercial (Mugabe-Kim Jung Ill) | Views : 2887 | Replies : 0

Just watched 'Heavenly Creatures'

and I did not see the end coming. Ouch!
Read more : Just watched 'Heavenly Creatures' | Views : 3419 | Replies : 1

a bit of humor...

quote from a dude on rc.com for a guy complaining about partner who almost got him killed in Yosemite..."DUDE! Check out the pants that guy was wearing!!! Is he a Euro or something?? If so you should learn something from this.....all Euros are to be considered sketchy until proven otherwise!"

40 foot factor 1.75 fall on WFLT yesterday
Read more : a bit of humor... | Views : 6085 | Replies : 10

Acclimatize or Acclimate

Is there a difference?
Read more : Acclimatize or Acclimate | Views : 7193 | Replies : 7

Cascades Better than the Sierra?

So, I just recently moved from Reno, NV to the Pac Northwest.

I've climbed a respectable amount in the Sierras

And I'm putting up some good numbers in the Washington Cascades

And I'll tell you what...

I am getting WHALLOPED up here on these tiny little Cascade peaks!

*The approaches are ALL burly
*There's almost ALWAYS some kind of glacier travel involved
*The objective hazards are constant. I feel queued up ALL the ...
Read more : Cascades Better than the Sierra? | Views : 28430 | Replies : 47

Worst place for an SP'er to live in America

Has to be Florida! Florida is like a death sentence for anyone who loves the mountains; a geographic mistake. Hell I'd live in Texas before I lived in Florida! I find any place without so much as even a small hill deeply depressing. When I'm 90 and can no longer walk, make sure to push my wheelchair to a window with a view of some 14'ers so I can continue to at least dream about ...
Read more : Worst place for an SP'er to live in America | Views : 36143 | Replies : 92

Austrian Mtns for Sale Austrian Mtns for Sale

For $176,000?!!!

Is Austria really that desperate? What if we sold a Maroon Bell? It's really strange. :?

I was thinking we could donate money to the small town at their base called Kartitsch in hopes of saving the mountains from development. I can imagine some rich panty stain building a house on top to impress his sycophants. :roll: ...
Read more : Austrian Mtns for Sale | Views : 2374 | Replies : 0

I'm so dumb I don't deserve to breathe

Weather reports had snow snows falling in pretty much every mountain range in Nevada. I decide to give it a try anyway; the plan is to drive down Phinney Canyon, hike up to a saddle, onto a ridge, then up and down a few bumpsto Grapevine Peak. Foggy morning, some snow flurries, and limited visibility...I walk up to what I thought was the saddle, gain a ridge, go up and down a few bumps, and ...
Read more : I'm so dumb I don't deserve to breathe | Views : 6369 | Replies : 12

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557992 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136507