It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

Mt. Sill via Bishop Pass

Hello - Last summer my 15-year old son and I did Mt. Agassiz, which was a phenomenal entry into Summiting for my son. This year we are thinking about trying Mt. Sill from Bishop Pass so as to keep the technical difficulty to summit Sill to Class 2-3. I have read reports of how brutal the trekking/ bouldering is from Bishop Pass to Sill, so much so that I am a bit unsure of the ...
Read more : Mt. Sill via Bishop Pass | Views : 2271 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

Contacting SummitPost

When I select the email icon - I'm not on any social media - to contact SummitPost, it launches my email client but doesn't fill in the To: address. So there is no ...@summitpost.org to contact.

I wanted to ask to change my username to what I use in HammockForum.com and WestCoastPaddler.net. I joined SummitPost over a decade ago before the concept of consistency across platforms was a thing.

How do you contact an administrator ...
Read more : Contacting SummitPost | Views : 1509 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General

Early Season Cascade Options

Hi all,
My climbing partners and I are looking at climbing somewhere in the Cascades in late May. That's earlier than we would ordinarily want to go, but due to the military commitments of one of our group members we're fairly constrained in terms of timeline. I'm looking for suggestions of good climbs in late May, in particular for this year (2022) given the snow load of this past winter. For reference, we're looking at ...
Read more : Early Season Cascade Options | Views : 2484 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

Hiker Rescued Twice in Two Days

Hiker Rescued Twice in Two Days on Same Arizona Mountain
What would you do if search and rescue had to evacuate you from a mountain? For one hiker, the answer was “go back and try again the next day.”

https://www.backpacker.com/news-and-eve ... e=hs_email

(Perhaps find a different hobby.)
Read more : Hiker Rescued Twice in Two Days | Views : 2990 | Replies : 1 | Forum : News

Shoes for Elbrus

Hey everyone,

A question for fellow mountaneer who's done Ararat..

I'm hoping to climb Ararat in Turkey later this year. Wondering if I would need proper double boots?
What is fit for purpose?

I do have spantiks, but they are not the easiest to lug around while traveling..

Many thanks,
Chami
Read more : Shoes for Elbrus | Views : 1382 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

Drytooling in Berlin

Hi everyone,

I am looking for an indoor drytooling club/gym in Berlin.
Does anyone know any? I couldn't find any info in google :(

Thank you,
Read more : Drytooling in Berlin | Views : 1448 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

FS: Scarpa Mont Blanc Pro GTX | Size 43.5 / US 10.5

Looking to sell my Scarpa mountaineering boots, as I just don't have the heart for it.
Apparently scuba is more my thing!

Worn 1-2x on curated trails in RMNP during winter months, nothing crazy.

Rubber rand shows signs of abrasion/crampon use, leather is like new.

Size 10.5 / 44 mens, fits me well sizing .5 up - I wear size 43/44/10 in almost every shoe I've ever bought.

These are excellent Italian made mountaineering boots ...
Read more : FS: Scarpa Mont Blanc Pro GTX | Size 43.5 / US 10.5 | Views : 1974 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Classifieds

Mt St Helens glissading

I plan to climb Mt St Helens in mid-May. Will there still be enough snow to make glissading doable?
Read more : Mt St Helens glissading | Views : 1528 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

MSR snow shoe straps

My 15 year old MSR Ascent snow shoes need new straps. The company is out of stock and has no idea when they might get some. No local dealers carry them. Any ideas besides me McGyvering some type of lace system?
Read more : MSR snow shoe straps | Views : 1091 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

Suggestion on course at Mont Blanc

Hi!

Me and a friend are looking to get into mountaineering, and we set our sights on climbing Mont Blanc and combining it with a course to get the basics.

However there seems to be more operators out the than you can shake the proverbial stick at.

Any suggestions on who is preferred?

There is Chamonix experience, adventure consultants, mountain madness etc.

Any suggestions is appreciated!
Read more : Suggestion on course at Mont Blanc | Views : 1789 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557949 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136410