It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:37 am

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

mountains in costa rica(Chirripo)

Hi all, I will be going down to Costa Rica in Feb. 2011, and i'm looking for some information on climbing Cerro Chirripo.I have had some mixed reports about what gear to bring,(sleeping bags,sleeping pads, stove, fuel) and what can be rented. Does the hut offer food,stove, or do we bring our own? There seems to be different reports from year to year.
Has anyone out there climbed Chirripo recently?

Thanks
Read more : mountains in costa rica(Chirripo) | Views : 4920 | Replies : 2

Any group going to Mexico in October??

Anyone know how safe it is climbing in Mexico these days? Violence in Mexico is only getting worse. Despite this, I'm planning a trip up Pico de Orizaba next month (October 2010) but want to take all precautions not get kidnapped or mugged while travelling to/from the mountain. Is there any group going in October? Thanks, Eric
Read more : Any group going to Mexico in October?? | Views : 4331 | Replies : 2

Mexico safe?

Anyone know how safe it is near Puebla, Mexico these days? Violence in Mexico is only getting worse. Despite this, I'm planning a solo trip up Pico de Orizaba next month (October 2010) but want to take all precautions not get kidnapped or mugged while travelling to/from the mountain. Is there any group going in October? Thanks, Eric
Read more : Mexico safe? | Views : 14952 | Replies : 16

Little to No Damage from Earl in Puerto Rico

Hi, glad to report that there was very little damage from Hurricane Earl. It passed 100 miles away from Puerto Rico so all we got was maybe 35mph sustained winds with up to very brief 45-50mph gusts. Since the direction of the wind was a rather constant and unusual (for this part of the world) NW to SW we got some minor tree damage. Trees are also weakened by the constant drizzle and sporadic heavy ...
Read more : Little to No Damage from Earl in Puerto Rico | Views : 3703 | Replies : 0

Puerto Rico hikes

Any recommendations for day hikes in Puerto Rico, perhaps in El Yunque?
Read more : Puerto Rico hikes | Views : 6324 | Replies : 7

links to local mexican mountainguides/agencies

Hi I want to climb some mountains in june in Mexico.
Anyone now some links to local guides/agencies who organise
these climbs/trips ? it's hard to find on google

thanks!
Read more : links to local mexican mountainguides/agencies | Views : 4090 | Replies : 3

Hut on Orizaba Needs Repairs

The Mexican Federation of Mountain Sports and Climbing (FMDMyE) is working to repair the roof of the Refugio Piedra Grande on Pico de Orizaba.

Source & to donate
Read more : Hut on Orizaba Needs Repairs | Views : 3230 | Replies : 1

Transportation to La Malinche

Hello all. I've just booked a trip to Mexico with the primary goal of making the summit of Orizaba. SummitPost has provided me with a great amount of information thus far which has also led into my plan to summit La Malinche as an acclimatization hike.

This will be my first time travelling to Mexico and I've unsuccessfully scoured the trip reports looking for one or a combination of a few that would answer my ...
Read more : Transportation to La Malinche | Views : 6065 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499