It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 am

News News of Oceania and Pacific Islands

Site map of Oceania and Pacific Islands » Forum : Oceania and Pacific Islands

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Oceania and the Pacific Islands. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Oceania Climbing Partners section.

gear for sale

Hi All
I'm posting this i this section not gear because i really don't wish to get involved in o-s postage, best case you can drop by I'm on the north shore in Syd and check out what you'd like.

Anyway after not having climbed in over 5 year (and now with 2 young kids) i've come to the realisation that i'm not going to climb again. So i'm selling up.... i'm keeping the hiking ...
Read more : gear for sale | Views : 4831 | Replies : 0

Mt Aspiring, early 2010

Hi all,

Having just climbed Mt Earnslaw last week in NZ, a couple of us are thinking of heading back to climb Mt Aspiring in February sometime. Is anyone planning to be on the mountain in February?

Also has anyone who has climbed Aspiring before have any tips for a beginner (pushing toward intermediate) mountaineer??

Cheers,
Paul.
Read more : Mt Aspiring, early 2010 | Views : 5507 | Replies : 2

Anyone have any good hikes on oahu?

Going there for a few weeks and wanted some info on some hikes, altitude gain etc?
thx.
Read more : Anyone have any good hikes on oahu? | Views : 10703 | Replies : 11

Kozzy questions

I'm heading down under to climb Kozzy next week and have a couple of questions.

Does anyone know what the condtions are like under the Thredbo lift? Is there still snow on the ground?

Can you buy a return lift ticket from the top or must you buy it from Thredbo in advance?
Read more : Kozzy questions | Views : 6959 | Replies : 13

Aoraki

Anyone climbed Aoraki at a reasonable price!!???? everywhere I look/enquire its several thousands of dollars!!! WTF??? its only 5 hours away and 3 days at the most right??.(in good weather)
If anyone knows a reputable guide let me know

cheers
Andy :)
Read more : Aoraki | Views : 4335 | Replies : 2

Oh, what to do in NZ?

I'm going to be taking off for a 10 week work trip down south soon, and plan on vacationing in NZ at the end of it for 2+ weeks (the first two weeks in February). I've looked through the forums, and done a bit more research out there, but could definitely use some help in getting me started in figuring out what to do. Any recommendations out there would be great - I'm hoping to ...
Read more : Oh, what to do in NZ? | Views : 5140 | Replies : 8

Dust storms in Australia

What the hell is happening in the land down under?

Dust storms were reported Wednesday along Australia's heavily populated eastern coast, from Ulladulla, south of Sydney, to Brisbane, about 620 miles (1,000 kilometers) north. Other areas in the southeast were hit earlier this week.

The storms — visible as a huge brown smudge in satellite photographs of Australia on Wednesday — are the most severe since the 1940s, experts said.

Full story.

Read more : Dust storms in Australia | Views : 5442 | Replies : 6

Shootings in Papua Province (Indonesia)

There have been a number of shootings and 3 deaths in the Papua Province of Indonesia. So far, it is the employees of Freeport mine that have been the targets. However, anyone planning to climb Carstensz Pyramid, or any other peaks in that region, should pay attention to these events IMO.

Full story.
Read more : Shootings in Papua Province (Indonesia) | Views : 2095 | Replies : 0

Rock climbing in New Zealand?

Hi there,

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to New Zealand next February, and while we’re there, we’re looking to do a bit of climbing and bouldering.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good climbing venues?

We haven’t made any firm plans on what parts of the country we’ll be visiting yet, so all suggestions will be very much appreciated.

I was also wondering what type of climbing is most common there, is ...
Read more : Rock climbing in New Zealand? | Views : 7969 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557949 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136411