It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:51 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Question about Helena, MT

I'm looking at moving to Helena, MT, and I was hoping to get some feedback from people who have lived in or spent time in the area. I'd really like to live somewhere that has relatively close access to rock climbing, backcountry skiing, and mountain biking. From what I've been able to find it looks like there are some mountain biking trails in the area, but I'm not sure about the rest.

What's the general ...
Read more : Question about Helena, MT | Views : 11481 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Begginer in need of help

Hay guys so since trying rock climbing in the Blue Mountains and attending an indoor climbing gym a few times this year I decided to climb Huayna Potosi in Bolivia with a guide for the first time and summited ad 07:00 am just in time for sunrise!!!

It was the most amazing experience of my life and also the hardest. I'm a fitness instructor who enjoys the intense workouts style like crossfit and gym jones ...
Read more : Begginer in need of help | Views : 3996 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General

History of SummitPost?

Hello everybody!

I haven't been writing here yet, but I'm looking from time to time this site for several years ... and, beside hiking, I'm also writing articles for Croatian hiking magazine "Hrvatski planinar" ("Croatian hiker"), magazine with 101 year's history.
(see http://www.plsavez.hr/hr/Hrvatski_plani ... edirect=HP)

Well, now I would like to write something about representation of Croatian mountains on SP and contributions of Croatian hikers to articles about Croatian ...
Read more : History of SummitPost? | Views : 4179 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Site Feedback

Discounts...

Hi!

Please I need a favour from somebody from the States who want to help me buying different things from North Face, hiMountain, Rei or others. I know in the States are good discounts and become very cheap like just a few dollars for a power dry t-shirt. In Europe are very expansive plus I cant find my size that its very small :? . Its not ...
Read more : Discounts... | Views : 1628 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Gear

Millet Touring 30 backpack

Does anybody know who stock the Millet Touring 30 backpack?

Also, please let me know if you have got any experience with this pack, good or bad.

Thanks in advance,
Jes
Read more : Millet Touring 30 backpack | Views : 1622 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

sellers.. im looking to buy some gloves and hard shell pants

any sellers out there..

in about two or three weeks ill be buying some hardshell pants. it needs to have a 32 inch waist. my budget is $100 with shipping. bibs are fine. full zip or calf.. it doesnt matter.
the brand new option im considering would be the marmot precip full zip for $90 if i cant find anything used

i also need a pair of gloves. something like 200 weight fleece or windstopper ...
Read more : sellers.. im looking to buy some gloves and hard shell pants | Views : 2084 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Gear

Am I wrong about Softshells?

A friend just gave me a Mountain Hardwear G50. I always figured I would get a baselayer, softshell, and a rainshell to cover most of my upper layers since I want to do light alpine climbing and I already rock climb. I put it on in my house for a while and it was warm but I really expected to get hot in it. I figured that it would be made for colder conditions and ...
Read more : Am I wrong about Softshells? | Views : 4176 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Gear

Alternate Routes on Granite

Has anyone ever attempted any alternate routes on Granite? Maybe like an approach from East or West Rosebud but then go around Granite by Lowary Lake or the other way passing Avalanche lake and gain the summit up the SW couloir near sky top glacier? This would def. be a longer approach, but may make for easier climbing while still providing more company. I attempted the SW couloir last year and we didn't pass anyone ...
Read more : Alternate Routes on Granite | Views : 1752 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

I won a Rainier Climb with MH and AAI this September!

Hey all,

I'm so excited that I just had to tell all my fellow SP'ers that I've been chosen as a Mountain Hardwear Elevated Rewards sweepstakes winner! I'm going to be climbing Mt Rainier this September with MH and Alpine Ascents International! I've still got to fill out all the paperwork and get in contact with AAI, but I've been wanting to climb this beauty since getting into mountaineering and I'm going to get my ...
Read more : I won a Rainier Climb with MH and AAI this September! | Views : 3602 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557952 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136418