It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:39 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

In New York City

From FAO Schwartz, you'll be at the SE corner of Central Park. There's a loop road that runs inside the park for ~6 miles, find this road (on foot, much better than carriage or pedicabs) and start exploring. There are numerous places to take a side path and turn back around, the whole 6 mile loop is a bit much unless you're running/biking.

We're supposed to get a couple inches of snow in the next ...
Read more : In New York City | Views : 4589 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Whitney climbing conditions?

might head up there this month.... anyone have the latest snow and ice conditions in the mountaineers route? thanks... david
Read more : Whitney climbing conditions? | Views : 1379 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

F/S Macpac Expedition Underall-rainbow crutch zip-size XL

Unused Macpac Expedition Underall with rainbow crutch zip-size XL
I am 193cms or 6'3
The underalls are a soft-shell style suit, providing warmth and weather repelency. Black full torso bibs one piece with rainbow crutch
Paypal accepted
Ship anywhere from Australia
Pictures available upon request
Price=make me a reasonable offer
Read more : F/S Macpac Expedition Underall-rainbow crutch zip-size XL | Views : 1334 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Gear

Western Mountaineering Flash XR jacket

It's not a puffy, if that's what you mean. It's slightly loftier than a Patagonia Down Sweater.
Read more : Western Mountaineering Flash XR jacket | Views : 5993 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Gear

Trap Dike in Winter

Is this mostly snow?
Do you need ice tools or just a mountaineering axe/crampons?
How would you compare this to one of the Gullies in Huntington on Mt. Washington? It does not look too bad and I wanted to try it out.
Read more : Trap Dike in Winter | Views : 2369 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

FS: PATAGONIA Down Jacket Men's Medium Blue with Tags

Asking $150 or BEST OFFER (FREE Shipping with in USA)

Contact me at olaf2046@tmo.blackberry.net if interested.

Thanks.

DESCRIPTION:
Worn a few times but still in EXCELLENT condition. Comes with all tags and patagonia stuff sack from a clean smoke, pet and child free home.

In BOX Ready To Ship!

Read more : FS: PATAGONIA Down Jacket Men's Medium Blue with Tags | Views : 1435 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

Sleeping System for Kili

Headed there in early July, need recommendations on sleeping pad/sleeping bag as mine need replacing/updating anyway, might as well get something appropriate for Kili. I like to sleep a bit on the cooler side as well. Light and compact is what I'm looking for. Thanks.
Read more : Sleeping System for Kili | Views : 2638 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Africa

DON'T DIE OUT THERE !!

Even one dying of avalanche is enough, but the numbers are now getting tragic. I'm not a spoil sport, and I love the big stuff, but it's time to cut the risk. Conditions just ain't right. Stay away from the risk and live for another day.
Read more : DON'T DIE OUT THERE !! | Views : 12910 | Replies : 44 | Forum : General

Why did my photo load and save sideways?

I uploaded this photo and it was positioned correctly though when it was completed saving it had saved it with the Dani Warrior sideways?

Any ideas

http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=587442

Cheers, Roger
Read more : Why did my photo load and save sideways? | Views : 3869 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Page Help

Thermarest vs. Concrete

On a whim I decided to go up to the top of a mountain here in Virginia to test out my new -15 degree MH Lamina sleeping bag. It was windier than I expected at the top so I decided to set up shop in the summit shelter with its concrete floor. It was probably no colder than 15 degrees but after a little bit I found myself very very cold in the bag.

I ...
Read more : Thermarest vs. Concrete | Views : 2416 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Gear

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557952 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136418