It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 5:51 pm

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Trekking around Monte San Lorenzo (Cochrane -Chile)

hello,

i am looking for information on the 10-day trek around Cerro San Lorenzo.

http://chilemountains.info/maps/detail_ ... orenzo.htm

i am looking for people, guides, tour operators,... who can provide me information on the difficulties of trail.

more specially i would like to know how important it is that you passport is stamped by the Chilean Police, because for this trek you cross into Argentina (PN Perito Moreno) and hike back ...
Read more : Trekking around Monte San Lorenzo (Cochrane -Chile) | Views : 1949 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Is it possible to climb Chaos Crags (Lassen)?

I was thinking about Lassen earlier today. And I just thought about how you hear absolutely ZERO about climbing Chaos Crags. Now I know there are no trails to the summit. But this 'code of silence' regarding Chaos Crags still struck me as odd, especially considering that it is one of the more prominent peaks in the park. I should also note that this site alludes to the idea that maybe Chaos Crags is NOT ...
Read more : Is it possible to climb Chaos Crags (Lassen)? | Views : 1248 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

2 Mountaineers missed on Jubiläumsgrat

This sad news is already some days old: two mountaineers of Ravensburg / Gemrany are missed on Jubiläumsgrat between Zugspitze and Alpspitze.

They started december, 27th for the first part of the arete and passed the night in the little hut on Höllentalspitze where they signed the register and had a telephone call with relatives.
Next day they got lost in bad weather probably near Vollkarspitze and up to today they were not found despite ...
Read more : 2 Mountaineers missed on Jubiläumsgrat | Views : 2007 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Europe

Tahoe winter backpacking

Heya!

Looking for some awesome places in Tahoe area (or around North or South) for short overniter snowshoeing/backpacking trips. Any recommendations?

cheers!
Read more : Tahoe winter backpacking | Views : 9719 | Replies : 13 | Forum : California

Der Tooth in Mid Hills?

Does anyone know exactly where Der Tooth in the Mid Hills (Gold Valley area, Mojave NP) is?

A 1971 Smatko trip report speaks glowingly of it, commenting that he'd climbed it four times and saying "This peak is fourth class and I would recommend it highly for DPS status."

That description and the name sound intriguing, but that's the only reference I can find online:
http://angeles.sierraclub.org/dps/archives/dps02051.htm

Poking around on TOPO!, I can't find anything that ...
Read more : Der Tooth in Mid Hills? | Views : 2308 | Replies : 8 | Forum : California

Avalanche in MT claims 1

Although the person killed was not a climber or skier or snowboarder or ice climber or snowshoer, I think this report is still relevant. There is a very wet storm in MT now, dumping a lot of wet heavy snow on a weak layer buried 3 feet down. It is certain to cause avalanches!
Lets make sure it is not one of us caught up in one!
My condolences to the family of the snowmobiler ...
Read more : Avalanche in MT claims 1 | Views : 1690 | Replies : 0 | Forum : News

sopris TH req?

So anyone have any info on the Sopris TH? How far can we drive up?

THanks!
Read more : sopris TH req? | Views : 617 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

F/S: Lots of gear, most of it never used.

All this gear has been seating in my wife`s wardrobe for too long, most of it bought and never used.

1 pair of Black Diamond dry tool gloves 2005 version. Size: Extra small (Never Used) $35 SOLD

1 pair of Outdoor Research Dry Ice shell gloves. Size:Men`s Small (Used) $10 SOLD

1 pair of Outdoor Research Alibi gloves. Size: Men`s Medium (Used only a couple of times) $20 SOLD

1 Outdoor Research Gorilla Windstopper Balaclava. ...
Read more : F/S: Lots of gear, most of it never used. | Views : 3836 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Gear

FS: Sleeping Bag, Bivy, Fleece and Puffy

Everything is SOLD! Thank You!

Major closet purge to make room for new gear. Please support my SAC addiction!

Any questions or picture requests email jrcrabtree (AT) gmail (DOT) com

First person who buys two or more items gets a free black barely used mountain hardwear windstopper hat (the fleecy one).

For Sale:

Prices include shipping to lower 48.

Big Agnes Nugget 45deg Primaloft Sleeping Bag $70
waterproof/breathable pertex cover. Sleeping pad sleeve. Pillow pocket. ...
Read more : FS: Sleeping Bag, Bivy, Fleece and Puffy | Views : 6463 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Gear

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136498