It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:53 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

wtf Everett Reuss' body found!

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 5090.story

crazy if this is true; much less glamorous than i imagined for all these years, but an amazing story nonetheless.
Read more : wtf Everett Reuss' body found! | Views : 2924 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Mid West Meetups?

I think the Mid West is the largest domestic region covered by the Summitpost forum system, but that's no reason for us all to be strangers.

Pickings aren't entirely slim, there are gobs of places that groups of us could meet and still be interested. So we haven't got mountain ranges, why should that stop us? 8)
Read more : Mid West Meetups? | Views : 17994 | Replies : 103 | Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

Denali expenses and sled management

Im thinking about doing Denali (West Butt.) in summer of 2010. Before i commit however i want to find out how much i can expect to pay. I plan on going unguided with a couple other people. Minus gear and airfare what can i expect to pay for flight to the glacier, food for a month, transportation costs and other misc. items im sure im forgetting?

also, i have seen a lot of debate as ...
Read more : Denali expenses and sled management | Views : 11480 | Replies : 29 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

2009 Tioga Pass Opening Day Predictions

May 22, 2009.
Read more : 2009 Tioga Pass Opening Day Predictions | Views : 12487 | Replies : 41 | Forum : California

What sucks about AZ

Certainly not the mountains. After a fairly successful week of driving around the state chasing DPS peaks, I came home to a letter from the AZ Department of Public Safety that I have been somewhat of a public nuisance, and the cost of driving 67mph in a 55mph zone is a whopping $181. It might have helped if I clued in that the state has these photo radar detectors all over the Phoenix area, but, ...
Read more : What sucks about AZ | Views : 27803 | Replies : 121 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

flying with Hudson Air

Anyone have any experience with this outfit?
Read more : flying with Hudson Air | Views : 3252 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Banff Ice climbing season? Places to stay?

Hello there,

I'd like to know more or less how long into the season does a regular ice climbing year get in banff. Is late march usually climbable?

Thanks!!!
Read more : Banff Ice climbing season? Places to stay? | Views : 5301 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Sierra license plate

I know a previous thread exists, but the search function doesn't want to cooperate. The design has been released, here. Not very impressive given the multitude of iconic Sierra views they could have chosen.
Read more : Sierra license plate | Views : 8294 | Replies : 41 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499