It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:04 pm

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Upcoming changes in ad placements

I thought it would be best to let people know that there will be some changes coming with regards to ads on SummitPost. With the server upgrade in January (that coincided with making the site mobile-friendly), SummitPost costs more to operate now and, for the first time since I've been working with SP starting in 2006, SummitPost didn't earn enough revenue cover its operating costs for the first quarter of 2018.

As such, action will ...
Read more : Upcoming changes in ad placements | Views : 33227 | Replies : 60

Photo Resolution

I used to be able to click twice on a photo and view at full resolution. That second click, and therefore full resolution, is no longer available. WHY?
Read more : Photo Resolution | Views : 3135 | Replies : 3

Suggestion from a new user - message appoval times etc

I'm a new user who joined to website a month or so ago. I'm keen to interact with the knowledgeable community here, but it's proved to be a challenging experience. I suspect that many new users come here, try to get involved, and then move on elsewhere. A sad outcome for what has obviously been a great site with many active people in the past.

Most challenging is the amount of time it takes to ...
Read more : Suggestion from a new user - message appoval times etc | Views : 5133 | Replies : 6

Giving up

I'm sorry, but let's cut to the chase. This may not be nice to say, but the new SP and new editor are both incredibly frustrating and not user friendly in any way, shape, or form. I don't think it's going to be fixed. Creating a page is an absolute nightmare. Adding photos and attaching them to the page is awful. The old editor no longer works properly and is a jumbled mess.

Photos get ...
Read more : Giving up | Views : 23213 | Replies : 49

Deleting a posting or photo

Tried doing this on a classified post and some photos that were part of the post and can't figure out what it takes to do it. Clicked on the "options" box in the edit mode and nothing happens. Am I missing something?
Read more : Deleting a posting or photo | Views : 7141 | Replies : 9

Power Outage

My power dropped five points overnight. Was it something I said? Just curious...
Read more : Power Outage | Views : 3255 | Replies : 5

message or no message

My email received notice below, but I can not find the post on my page... I am a worrier about hackers, why can't I find this message? In fact, I can not find a Dalina75 in the people file....Thanks

Hi Norman,

Dalina75 just posted a comment on your Kulshan Cabin page.
You can read the new comment here:

https://www.summitpost.org/view_object. ... 579#502579

If the link does not work, try copying and ...
Read more : message or no message | Views : 2196 | Replies : 1

Editor is buggy

A new release of the editor came out today and I was hoping it would fix issues with tables and images. It seems to function better in the editor, but when saving the page, the table loses its integrity and formatting is still messed up. I'm hoping for a solution soon. Please bear with us while we sort out the kinks in the new editor. Thanks.
Read more : Editor is buggy | Views : 2754 | Replies : 1

new format

Well it looks different, more pics, shit flashing and jumping around BUT!!! less useful, I found the longer list of recent posts to be useful, now I'll have to spend more time looking through the forums to see what's new.

Why are tech people such idiots? New is better, flashy is better, utility and convenience count for nothing. It's not only here. I've noticed other sites that have been "improved" by changing colors and eliminating ...
Read more : new format | Views : 36316 | Replies : 122

Is Summitpost going to be affected by Net Neutrality ending?

Is there any indication that after net neutrality ends that we may have to pay for access to Summitpost, or if the site may run slower?
Is there anything we can do to support the site that we all love so much to make sure we can access it as quick as we always have?

I'd be willing to contribute funds to the site to make this happen if that is the case.
Read more : Is Summitpost going to be affected by Net Neutrality ending? | Views : 23182 | Replies : 38

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136427