Scots Team

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Boydie

by Boydie » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:59 pm

visentin wrote:Thanks for this fine page about the 2nd Munro of my life and still one of the best hikes I've done in Scotland. I have continued a bit my update of the Scotland page but still very uncomplete... you are welcome to add things especially in the books section and phone emergency numbers.. still havent replaced by dodgy photos by the list of the finest you provided me, but it's one of my good resolutions for the next year ! :)

An Caisteal is a very nice days hike. Really enjoyed it.:D Did you go along Twistin Hill to get there or did you ascend via the other ridge Eric?

Seen you had done some more the other day. I'll add a wee bit when I get a chance. Still need to finish my update to the Ardgoil and Arrochar page, plus a few of my earlier submitted pages could do with a small touch up. Should keep me out of mischief for a bit... :lol: :lol:

I'm sure the Scotland page will look good when it's done. As they say, the best things come to those that wait. :wink:

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:41 pm

Hello everyone, it's been a while so I thought I'd check in and see how everyone's doing. Did everyone have a good Christmas New Year?

I have to admit I haven't done much with the GM page over the holiday period, largely because I've been engaged in other things like eating, drinking and a wee bit of climbing.

For my part I've been trying to create an image map for the page's areas, unfortunately it has transpired that my attempt to do it in CSS won't work because of some of the peculiarities CSS has when it comes to mapping image map hotspots. As a result I'm having to go back to the drawing board and do something a little simpler using html. This may seen like a regressive step, but I'm hoping to retro fit some of my CSS elements to the code to make it a bit flashier. We'll see how it goes.

So how is everyone else getting on? I see there are still some blank spots that need filling, so are there any volunteers willing to do some of them?

Boydie

by Boydie » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Hi All,

I had a fab Christmas and New Year Dan :D. It was better than last year, but I was laid up with a herniated disc then so I spent all of it lying down full of prescription drugs trying to numb the pain!!! Not Good.

Was a bit tied up with the drinking and eating malarkey too. Added to that I've had staff appraisals and annual contracts needing done at work, so I haven't been able to do much.

I'm still trying to finish updating the Ardgoil/Arrochar page. Once I've done that (possibly this weekend) and the work shit is out of the way I'll do the Cruachan range and Crianlarich sections if that is okay with everyone?

Stephen

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:17 pm

That's cool with me.

Glad to hear you had a good holiday.

Cheers
Dan

Boydie

by Boydie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi all,

Me and a couple of my mates are planning to go up to Torridon in May this year around the beginning of the month. :D

We are provisionaly thinking of getting there late on Thursday the 30th and doing some peaks on the Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday before heading back down the road, but as of yet no exact date set.

We will probably wild camp on the shores of Loch Torridon for the weekend and will definitely be doing Beinn Alligin and at the very worst one other peak, possibly Slioch round at Loch Maree.

Anyway, just checking to see if any one fancies meeting up around this time and doing a peak or two and having a few beers. I'll post again once I have something more concrete, in case anyone's interested.

Later
Stephen

daveyboy

Torridon:-

by daveyboy » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:33 pm

It is such a shame.
Due to many financial issues being out of work etc Torridon is an area that cries for me.
Those summits just have that magical look and character to them.
Sadly I owe people money and I also have to save money a side for a holiday in Antigua. If I could go I would go.

Cheers - David.

Boydie

Re: Torridon:-

by Boydie » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:39 pm

daveyboy wrote:It is such a shame.
Due to many financial issues being out of work etc Torridon is an area that cries for me.
Those summits just have that magical look and character to them.
Sadly I owe people money and I also have to save money a side for a holiday in Antigua. If I could go I would go.

Cheers - David.

No probs David.

If circumstances change and your able to go, just give me a shout.

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Hi Stephen

I might be free around then, I'm up for a summer trip to Scotland since work has scuppered my winter plans this year. Always wanted to go to Torridon too. Let me know when you firm thing up a bit.

By the way, I've finished the range map for the GM page, it's not as fancy as I would have liked, but it's still pretty functional. I intend to link the polygons to sections on the page, but can't do that until the page is completelty finished and nothing else is moved around.

You can take a look here:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... #chapter_4

Clint seems to be keeping a low profile these days, anyone know where he's disappeared to?

Boydie

by Boydie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Nanuls wrote:Hi Stephen

I might be free around then, I'm up for a summer trip to Scotland since work has scuppered my winter plans this year. Always wanted to go to Torridon too. Let me know when you firm thing up a bit.

By the way, I've finished the range map for the GM page, it's not as fancy as I would have liked, but it's still pretty functional. I intend to link the polygons to sections on the page, but can't do that until the page is completelty finished and nothing else is moved around.

You can take a look here:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... #chapter_4

That would be good Dan, will let you know the confirmed dates when I have them.

I've finished the update to the Arrochar page in line with the agreed range map (at last :roll: ), although I had to change Ardgoil to Cowal (really sorry Dan, hope this doesn't mean more work for you). Heres the link for anyone interested http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/339059/Cowal-The-Arrochar-Alps.html

Will start doing the Crianlarich and Cruachan sections on the Grampians page this weekend hopefully.

I think Clint is hibernating. :lol: :lol:

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Boydie wrote:That would be good Dan, will let you know the confirmed dates when I have them.

I've finished the update to the Arrochar page in line with the agreed range map (at last :roll: ), although I had to change Ardgoil to Cowal (really sorry Dan, hope this doesn't mean more work for you). Heres the link for anyone interested http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/339059/Cowal-The-Arrochar-Alps.html

Will start doing the Crianlarich and Cruachan sections on the Grampians page this weekend hopefully.

I think Clint is hibernating. :lol: :lol:

Cool, don't worry about the name change, that's very easy to modify. Ans that's a mighty fine page you've got there now (although it was good to begin with in all fairness).

Hey Clint, wake up! We need that Climate and Geology Section.

Boydie

by Boydie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Cruachan Group section added http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=459145&confirm_post=7#chapter_31

Crianlarich/Balquhidder section added http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=459145&confirm_post=7#chapter_22

Are we still putting a bit of info into the hub towns part of the Transport and Logistics section. I don't mind doing a bit on some of them, just a bit unsure of what we spoke about putting in there. :?

I'll attach some existing pictures and the A&R children to the page in the mean time.

Stephen

Charles

by Charles » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:29 am

Just a compliment from an outsider (unfortunately). Great stuff! There is some really nice things going online here now!

Boydie

by Boydie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:15 pm

charles wrote:Just a compliment from an outsider (unfortunately). Great stuff! There is some really nice things going online here now!

Thanks Charles. It shouldn't be to long until we have a completed page.

If you want to get involved, there's still a few sections in the northern half of the Central Grampians to be filled in. We can add you in if you want?, as we would welcome the help.

The more the merrier. :)

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Indeed, Charles if you fancy contributing something just let us know.

Stephen, don't do too much on the hub towns bit, I'd suggest just doing one of them for each section and then making only a passing reference to the rest.

For example Aviemore for the east, Aberfeldy or Stirling for the Central and Fort William for the west; what do you think?

Boydie

by Boydie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:19 pm

Nanuls wrote:Stephen, don't do too much on the hub towns bit, I'd suggest just doing one of them for each section and then making only a passing reference to the rest.

For example Aviemore for the east, Aberfeldy or Stirling for the Central and Fort William for the west; what do you think?

What about these five Dan; Fort William (would cover roughly Nevis range, Mamores, Glencoe Loch Treig), Aviemore (Cairngorms, Monadhliath, Loch Laggan, Ben Alder), Braemar (Lochnagar, Glenshee, Angus Glens), Crianlarich (Tyndrum, B. of Orchy, Arrochar) and either Callander/Killin/Aberfeldy (Loch Earn, Lawers, Glen Lyon).

This wouldn't define east, central and west but would have a specific hub town to access local ranges in different areas with, as you say, a passing reference still made to the rest.

PreviousNext

Return to Europe